Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NO RR Alfalfa or RR Sugarbeets for Foodplots

Ha Ha, I'm sure everyone is going to follow those "recommendations"...... :grin:

Wonder if Monsanto will come down like a sledgehammer on people who do? I know you don't want to get caught pirating their genetics as a farmer.

The RR alfalfa would be easy since you probably should have some cuttings taken off of it to prevent it from getting rank. So you could say it truly is a hayfield though it might have to be 10-20 acres instead of 1-2. Then what's to keep deer off of it in the winter?

The beets would be hard to defend that you didn't get in and harvest in time before the ground froze.

The RR alfalfa would be easy since you probably should have some cuttings taken off of it to prevent it from getting rank. So you could say it truly is a hayfield though it might have to be 10-20 acres instead of 1-2. Then what's to keep deer off of it in the winter?
On page 21 ... "

Genuity ® Roundup Ready® Alfalfa must be managed for high quality hay/forage production, including timely cutting to promote high forage quality (i.e. before 10% bloom) and to prevent seed development. In geographies where conventional alfalfa seed production is intermingled with forage production and the agronomic conditions (climate and water/irrigation availability) are such that forage alfalfa is allowed to stand and flower late in the season, Genuity ® Roundup Ready® Alfalfa must be harvested at or before 10% bloom to minimize potential pollen flow from Genuity ® Roundup Ready® Alfalfa to conventional alfalfa. Growers who are unwilling to or who cannot make this commitment to stewardship should not continue to grow Genuity ® Roundup Ready® Alfalfa."

Last edited:
On page 21 ... "
Genuity
® Roundup Ready® Alfalfa must be managed for high
quality hay/forage production, including timely cutting to
promote high forage quality (i.e. before 10% bloom) and to
prevent seed development. In geographies where conventional
alfalfa seed production is intermingled with forage production
and the agronomic conditions (climate and water/irrigation
availability) are such that forage alfalfa is allowed to stand and
flower late in the season, Genuity
® Roundup Ready® Alfalfa must
be harvested at or before 10% bloom to minimize potential pollen
flow from Genuity
® Roundup Ready® Alfalfa to conventional
alfalfa. Growers who are unwilling to or who cannot make this
commitment to stewardship should not continue to grow

Genuity
® Roundup Ready® Alfalfa."

Yep if that stuff crosses with my alfalfa I'm going to sue. Wasn't there a boy named sue?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think their fear is having roundup resistant plants evolve if the genetics are left to cross pollinate rather than harvested.

Ignorant here but where do you buy the seed? I'm assuming a seed dealer and not direct. Are they going to send your name and picture to every dealer with instructions to not sell to you?

Top Bottom