Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No sleep tonight

glasgowm

Ok, I shot a buck tonight at last light. Good lung blood but the he was in standing milo. If you've never tracked a deer in milo, it sucks. The leaves and stalks have lots of red on them.

After the shot, he walked 50 feet and stood with his head down for a bit until he caught me trying to move to get another shot. He ran off but there was really good lung blood where he stood for half a minute or so.

I think he's dead but now I just need to find him........

long night ahead.......

Hopefully I'll get to post pics and the rest of the story tomorrow.

Matthew

if you can't find him in the morning, take a break and go pheasant hunting in that milo...you never know what will turn up ;)

good luck

I hope you find him. I shot a big 10 on Sunday and came up empty. Let him sit for 4 hours and lost blood searched the area to try and find him down No luck. Went back the next day couldn't find anymore blood. Very troubling experience. Sick to the stomach feeling. I hope he's still alive.

Sick to my stomach right now. What blood we did find was pink and frothy but there wasn't much except when he stopped. Looks like single lung with no exit hole (could be wrong on the exit but never found the arrow). Pretty sure he's dead, just have to find him.

Going back out soon to walk thick cover by the river and see if he went for water. Looking for coyotes, buzzards and crows too.

Man I love/hate this sport......

Sounds like a dead deer to me too. Stay after him and good luck Matthew. If you need an airplane give me a call.

Iowa, Kansas, or Oz...it's still the stinkiest part of bowhunting...I did it this year already, and told my son when I came in "this is the part of bowhunting I like the least!" Hang in there!!!

Know the feelin man. I shot a 12 pt a couple weeks ago, but put the worst shot i have ever on a deer in my life. I hit him in the hind quarter but managed to hit the femoral artery... I let him lay 1.75 hours until my step dad got there..Followd the blood trail... then lost blood.

Thanks to my release malfunctioning i lostt the biggest deer of my life...

Thanks for the support guys but still nothing good to report. No coyotes, crows or buzzards, no nothing. Not giving up but my hope is waning. I was out early this morning and will be going back out soon to work on my grid search some more.

Top Bottom