Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No till drill options?

DMiller6868

What are my options for using a no till drill?

Am I limited to corn and alfalfa? I just found out my farmer hasn't planted or seeded his hay fields in 9 years. I'm thinking we should get some clover and other things in the ground for his benefit (cows) and mine (deer).

If his last cut is in august/ september could I no till drill oats/rye/ or winter wheat without interfering with his hay?

Im worried the clover will be non existent late season and we desperately need food on this property.

Any help is much appreciated. He's not too fond of discing but likes the ides if the no till drill.

Thoughts?

As far as a no-till drill goes, you really don't want to plant corn with it. Corn does better and is better managed when planted 30 inch rows (or 38's). As far as drilling something in his hay field for late season hunting, I would stick with rye, as he will get a good cutting off of it in the spring. Also throw some clover in there with it, and you and him both will benefit from it for years.

Top Bottom