Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nobody talkin trash yet?

Hope Its a good game I will cheering on ISU being an alumi and all. I would like to know how many Hawk fans actually graduated From Iowa or I should say attended school there? Id say 75 percent of fans just cheer for them because they found some close on sale and saw a few games on TV when they were younger. Most Iowa fans dont know their own starting running back pretty sad.

Id say closer game then it should be ISU by 7

Hope Its a good game I will cheering on ISU being an alumi and all. I would like to know how many Hawk fans actually graduated From Iowa or I should say attended school there? Id say 75 percent of fans just cheer for them because they found some close on sale and saw a few games on TV when they were younger. Most Iowa fans dont know their own starting running back pretty sad.

Id say closer game then it should be ISU by 7

I think most people in Iowa grow up being Hawkeye fans since it's the Hawkeye state, and since people tend to follow winning teams. Where do you buy "close"? Is there a rule that states you have to go to a school to root for that team? What about kids who don't go to college, or people who got scholarships to go elsewhere? It must be hard rooting for a team that has never been relevant in college football, with the exception of pulling off a few upsets. Iowa may never win the BIG again, but I'd rather be a has been than a never was.

I didn't know someone had to graduate or attend a school to be a fan? How does anyone ever become a pro sports fan then? I know many people that have either attended Iowa or Iowa State and are fans of the other school. I would say the reason more people attend Iowa State to Iowa is due to the state of Iowa being an ag state. I am a huge Hawkeye fan but unless Iowa state is playing us, I will cheer for them. I like to see an under dog win and in most cases that is what ISU is. Can't wait to watch the game and hope Iowa wins, but it will be a tough one. I think if it were in Ames, state wins hands down, BUT its in Iowa City.
Fact Iowa leads overall series 39-20.
Go HAWKS!

GO HAWKS!! enrollment @ iowa this year is greater than state by 400 something just saw it on the news.

Iowa State has more undergrads. Medical school at Iowa is what puts them over in total enrollment.

With that said.......

Oh, we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State
And may her colors ever fly.
Oh, we will fight with might for Iowa State
With the will to do or die!
Rah, Rah, Rah
Loyal sons forever true
And we will fight that battle through.
And when we hit the line we'll hit it hard,
every yard for I-S-U!

picture.php

GO BLUE. Bama was like a damn NFL team :confused:

I am just curious as to how many people talking trash about Iowa went there and Invested their time and money there. I dont care if your a Bar hawk or who you root for in the NFL.

I just picked up a new set of Ear Muffs tonight. I figure now that I live down here in Coralville I am going to need them to sleep from all the fans crying in their sleep from the loss.

My prediction............ A lot of drunk folks in Iowa city!! That is the beauty of drinking. Whether you win or lose it is justified!!

Memories?

In the words of Ace Ventura - LOOOOOHOOHOOOSEERRRRRRS!

image-3796537471.jpg

Wont be 3 OTs this year - game over after 4 quarters with the Hawks crying at home this time!

One more......

image-706815539.jpg

This is always my favorite thread of the year!
This one always brings the CLOWN fans out of the closet. GO HAWKS!

ISU, according to the Washington Monthly, is a top 75 university. Iowa isn't even in the top 100. Nebraska isn't in the top 200.:drink2:

The University of Iowa is the nation’s No. 2 “party school,” according to an annual review that ranks things such as academics, campus life, politics and extracurricular involvement.

With that ranking, who cares if your top 100. ISU can focus on academics, we will focus on kicking your ass and drinking beer.

Whats funny is down here I havent heard much smack talking about this game. I think the fans are still worried from last year. It is okay to be scared guys. Where is Limb at? He is usually the number 1 hawk leading these posts. Has he turned a in the closest cyclone fan? ;)

I didn't go to Iowa but have always been a fan, even when I lived out of state. I bought my "close" at Scheels. I used to root for the clowns until at a tailgate, in Lames, when an ISWHO fan decided to throw a full beer through my passenger window hitting my sister in the head with a beer can. She went to ISWHO but was having to listen to the Iowa fight song the whole way to her dorm since we won the game. Classless. Since then I hope they lose every game.

After watching both games last week I can honestly say that I was not impressed by either team. I am a Hawk fan born and raised but they need a lot of work. Of what I saw of the ISU game they need as much help this season. As far as this weeks game goes I give the edge to Iowa since they are playing at Kinnick but in all reality flip the coin boys I dont have much hope for either team. UNI is looking pretty damn good though.
GO HAWKS!!!

Scottonbuck, really? How much of the ISU game did you actully watch? This is the most experienced, most diciplined Cyclone team we have had in years! They have 2 of the best linebackers in all of college football. A very strong defensive line and an outstanding secondary with Reeves and Washington. All of that spells trouble for alot of teams this year, especially the young, inexperienced Iowa offense.
As far as the Cyclone offense, we have a great QB who has matured a lot since last year. I think we all remember what he did against the Hawks a year ago. Not only that but they have multiple weapons on offense, both in the back field and on the receiving end.
Things aren't looking too promising for your beloved Hawks. Not only this game, but for the entire season. This game being at Kinnick is the ONLY reason the Hawks are favored. I fully expect to see a lot of Hawk fans crying in their beers after Saturday's game. GO STATE!

How many Iowa freshmen football players does it take to change a light bulb?
None. That’s a sophomore course.

What are the longest three years of a Iowa football player’s life?
Freshman year.

What is the most common phrase used by a former Iowa football player?
Would you like fries with that?

What do you call a genius sitting in the Iowa student section?
Visitor.

How do you keep a Hawkeye football player out of your yard?
Put up a goalpost.

Here's a few quick ones for ya.

What is the difference between Iowa State and cereal?

Cereal almost always makes it to a bowl.

How do keep an ISU athlete from masturbating?

Paint his manhood black and gold and he'll never beat it again.

What is the difference between a ISU cheerleader and a catfish?

One has whiskers and stinks, and the other is a catfish.

Top Bottom