Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nobody talkin trash yet?

Ill just let my Avatar do the talking..

Saw this one on facebook.. haha

422762_3768360251464_1176769406_n.jpg

What is the difference between a ISU cheerleader and a catfish?

One has whiskers and stinks, and the other is a catfish.

As a diehard Cyclone and sworn hater of the black and gold, I'll freely admit that one made me laugh.

I was chatting with a fellow Cyclone this morning and she offered this perspective (after a diehard Hawkeye chimed in all uppity and mighty).

"...see, we're used to losing. so we have a sense of humor. being winners all the time makes people crazy."

Pete-thanks for those jokes! I will surely pass them on! I used to be very against the "I'm from Iowa so that makes me a Hawkeye" approach, but I've found that some of my closest friends that I reconnected with after moving away are Hawkeyes fans and didn't go to school there and I can't hate on them. I've learned, like God does, to just forgive them for their sins! :D

GO CLONES!!!

Last edited:
This fits this thread well:

Whats the difference between a porcupine and Kinnick stadium??

A porcupine's pricks stay on the outside.

In all seriousness the Iowa fans have been some of the poorest sports in college football for several years. You loose and you want to fire all the coaches EVERY YEAR. You have a good season and the polls all screwed you out of a BCS game or the championship game, I mean really come on. After you lost the best college game I have ever seen against us last year, you all claim that the game never means anything to you anyways and its like our super bowl so no big loss anyways. Its like visiting Lincoln anymore, oh and I am pretty sure that the hawks have now surpassed the Huskers arrest record too, so it really is like going to Lincoln.

I really enjoy listening to all the stupid comments from hawk fans leading up to the game, its just that much bigger of a head they have to remove from their ass when they loose. Maybe they have more stupid comments because only 1 of 10 actually graduated with a college degree from Iowa.

I have to just laugh when I see posts about how poor of sports Iowa fans are and how much of a prick they can be. Open your eyes. ISU fans are the same way. Look outside your box and you will see there are good fans and bad fans on both sides. Being an Iowa fan I will say however there may be a few more on the Iowa side and I think that is due to a big attendance of out of state students who weren't raised like many Iowa country folk are that attend ISU. But we shouldn't generalize so much to say "hawk fans" are rude.

Pretty sure this thread was meant for fun...chillax already. This is the only week of the year that I do not root for the CLOWNS. Its all good, just have some fun with it.

Pretty sure this thread was meant for fun...chillax already. This is the only week of the year that I do not root for the CLOWNS. Its all good, just have some fun with it.

As much as it PAINS me to agree with someone from the other team ;), I have to say this is right on the spot. At least the first sentence is. After that, its all Klingon to me! :D

The only two times (during football at least) that I was guaranteed to get in a fight were the ISU/Iowa game and the ISU/Nebraska game. Was it all the other teams fault? No. Mostly (about 80-90%), but not totally. I survived the last of the Walden years where my Clones could fall into a barrel of boobs and come out sucking their thumbs. I saw the very beginning of the McCarney era (made the news first game ever). You learn to live with a losing program and you savor every victory (kinda like being a Cubs fan). I have seen the pendulum swing so far both ways in those years its unreal. I have never cheered for the Hawks (hats off to you JakeWym for cheering for both) and don't ever see that happening. But coming on here and talking TRASH in good spirits about the rivalry is one of my favorite times of the year. By this time next week, everyone will be friends again and we'll be admiring big deer and big elk!

By the way, I'm still laughing at the crime ring/huddle joke! GO CLONES!!

Why did they install field turf at Jack Trice?

Because the cheerleaders kept grazing on all of the grass.

When you set your DVR to record the biggest loser, all you get is the Iowa State football games. :moon:

Why doesn't ISU have ice on the sidelines?

The guy with the recipe flunked out.

What do Iowa State grads and tornadoes have in common?

They both move around alot, but eventually end up in trailer parks.

Why don't cyclones let their kids play in sandboxes?

because the cats keep covering them up..

Why is it that the ISU football team doesn't have a website?

Because the can't string 3 W's together.

OK I'm done :grin:

I think everyone misses the big picture in this debate. If your goal on this thread is to see who can tell the best joke then o k....but if you are wanting a serious debate then think of this. Unless you are talking about wrestling neither side has anything to talk about. Both schools will finish in the top 5 and when they have a duel...who knows how it will turn out. Both are great. Both have great coaches all over the country that grew up wrestling in this state. Both should be proud. In the other sports, none of you have anything to brag about in the last dozen years. No I didnt graduate from either one but just a fan of both and roor for both unless they play one another. My opinion.

I will be rooting for the Hawks but I didnt go to school there but I didnt know that really mattered :confused:

In reality does it really matter who wins, ISU will always be known by most as the the Hawks little brother no matter if they win or not... that is just the way it is. I do kinda like the head coach tho.

I used to care more about sports but came to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter because the outcome is something I have no control over and I have alot more to worry about ;)

GO HAWKS!

In the other sports, none of you have anything to brag about in the last dozen years.

Both basketball teams are making a rebound back into the big picture with Hoiberg bringing back some spark to the Cyclones. They gave some of the best teams in the nation a run for their money last year. Who knows if it will stay around but last year they had a pretty darn good team (Royce White).

chappy said:
I think everyone misses the big picture in this debate. If your goal on this thread is to see who can tell the best joke then o k....but if you are wanting a serious debate then think of this. Unless you are talking about wrestling neither side has anything to talk about. Both schools will finish in the top 5 and when they have a duel...who knows how it will turn out. Both are great. Both have great coaches all over the country that grew up wrestling in this state. Both should be proud. In the other sports, none of you have anything to brag about in the last dozen years. No I didnt graduate from either one but just a fan of both and roor for both unless they play one another. My opinion.
Didn't the hawks win a BCS bowl a few years back? And hasn't ISU upset a few teams in the past years? I'd say that's some stuff to "brag" about on both sides of the aisle.

Yesbut my point was wrestling, not basketball. Neither has to rebound in wrestling because they are already on top. Thats something to have a rivalry or trash talk. I think the best thread would be to predict the score of the fb game this weekend. Trashtalk? ABOUT WHAT. Im an Iowa fan but understand the only reason my hawks went to a bowl in recent years is because we take 30,000 fans with a pocketful of money and cant wait to spend it, We shouldt settle for that. That telling our University to keep raising tuition and we will keep supporting u. Hell if we want to trashtalk we should do that to neb.......after we beat them. Isu Hasnt been to as many bowl games but prob should have before iowa the years they beat them. My memories bad but didnt the cyclones beat the hawks.....totally dominate them last year. I know this sounds like a rant and after I reread this it doesnt sound as i want it to. I just wanted to say for me its depressing we trashtalk about sports that really dont ..cant compete on a national lever except wrestling but you dont hear much about that. Just trying to give everyone something to think about. Keep going with the jokes, I also like a laugh.

I dont think anyone gets my point and I dont get it by what I wrote. I give up so heres my best.........IOWA STATE GIRLS ARE TRASH no thats not right trash gets picked up.

Whats funny is down here I havent heard much smack talking about this game. I think the fans are still worried from last year. It is okay to be scared guys. Where is Limb at? He is usually the number 1 hawk leading these posts. Has he turned a in the closest cyclone fan? ;)
That's no joke, Liv! i've been a cyclone fan living here in enemy territory for almost a decade now and this year is by far the quietest i've ever heard all the hawk fans. they must be nervous around here!

Are you freckin kidding me? People really getting fired up, then want to debate? Good grief. It's all in good fun, it happens every year. Let it go and relax.

Top Bottom