Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nockturnal x

NEI Buck Hunter

Has anyone use the Nockturnal X by Rage? I went out and bought a pack to try. I had an issue with the first one i shot. The nock broke in half when I fired it and ended up "dry firing" my bow. Now the string is all messed up.:( Just wondering.
Thanks

I bought a bunch of them when they first came out. That was back before rage bought them. I've never had a problem of any kind. If you kill a deer and don't clean the blood off of them before it completely dries they are pretty much junk though, that's all I've ever noticed

I bought some of the Nockturnal S model last year. Worked just fine for me, although I wish I had got some green or red ones. Got 2 packs of the blue ones instead. May have been all that was at the store...can't remember.

Make sure you were shooting the right nockturnals for your arrows..check nockturnals website for sizing chart...Solid nocks in my opinion...

Last edited:
I'm shooting the easton axis n-fuzed carbon arrows. I checked the chart on the back of the package and made sure that I need the X model.

I'm shooting the easton axis n-fuzed carbon arrows. I checked the chart on the back of the package and made sure that I need the X model.

Looks like you have the right ones...Its a mystery...like I said they've been solid for me...Only thing I dislike about them is the annoying switch....

Absolute junk. Not a single one lasted more than 25 shots before they wouldn't shut off. Buy the TGB mocks and you will be much happier for half the price

Kratz

The tgb is spot on identical to a nockturnal. When I need some new ones ill more than likely go with tgb just for the price.
Maybe you just got a bad batch, or I got 3 great packs. I shoot the x nock in my easton fmj's and have never had one break or fail to turn on.

I wonder if its a change in quality since Rage bought them. I have some older ones and they are solid. I've bought two 3-packs for my daughter's arrows, and three have quit working from the smallest dings.

I wonder if its a change in quality since Rage bought them. I have some older ones and they are solid. I've bought two 3-packs for my daughter's arrows, and three have quit working from the smallest dings.

I think the quality of them is very poor. Like I mentioned, one of the biggest wastes of money I have in archery equipment based solely on the fact that 2 out of 3 quit working in the first time I was shooting them. I haven't had this problem at all with the TGBs, maybe it was a bad batch but their customer service was also very poor.

Upon calling they told me if I didn't have a receipt showing that I purchased them in the last year they couldn't do anything for me. Makes future purchases easy.

Kratz

I'll have to check out TGBs when I need more. There's a definite difference between my older ones and my daughter's new ones.

I e-mail them about the issue i had. I hope they are ready to take one in the shorts. Had to put a new string on and get the bow tuned back up. :mad: Hope I hear back soon from them because that was not the cheapest thing. Now i have to shoot and get the string broke in before the season starts and I dont have that much free time on my hands.

Top Bottom