Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Non Resident draw?

I somewhat expected that I wouldn't get drawn this year. I applied with a good friend of mine, and in order to insure that him and I could hunt together, we applied as a team... he only had one preference point... so I took one for "the team" on the 23% chance that we would get drawn... odds never do work in my favor! Oh well... next year I have three points to bank on... I just thought we might have a shot this year with the higher license fees scaring away a few hunters... but I guess I was wrong... oh well, I guess Buffalo County, WI will be getting my full attention this November!!!
grin.gif

Just curious, how many p-points did it take to draw archery zone 5? I now have 2 as I didn't draw again this year. I guess it wasn't meant to be!

The folks with one point that did not get drawn were likely applying as a group with others that had no points. If they do not get drawn, neither do you.

Bassbuster, I drew with one point in zone 5 but it looks like a lot of guys didn't draw, with one point. I've been on the other end of the draw as well. 2002 Kansas deer 85% chance- didn't draw. 2004 Iowa Turkey 96% chance- didn't draw.

Tim

I don't understand the draw sometimes either. I have drawn zone 9 archery every year except once since 2001. Some guys that applied alone have been denied 2 or 3 times in that period. I figured my luck was cashed out, so I just bought a point this year (saved minimum of 500-1000$ too
smirk.gif
). It is getting pricey. Good luck to those who drew. I will be hitting MN and WI hard this year.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Me & Headgear are in. Last season's doe only was hard to swallow. Real hard when the doe I shot ended up being a button. I thought I'd looked it over pretty well but never saw the nobs on his head. I wanted to hang myself.
crazy.gif

This year maybe ol' "Frank-n-Buck" will get another opportunity to tick off an old bruiser.
grin.gif

I drew my bow permit with 1 point going in. I put in for my wife and son for a 1st season gun permit so they could get a point and hunt next year, somehow, they both drew, man was I surprised. Iowa got a lot of $$ from me this year, Jeff Morris in Lansing should be happy, see you in the fall Jeff!

Top Bottom