Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nonresident Landowner Changes?

[ QUOTE ]
QDM, I know you meant no harm and I was just having a little fun with ya. Kansas, by the way, is moving back in the right direction. The legislature have been the ones making all of the ridiculous changes in the hunting statutes. The KBA and other groups have been working hard for the residents and last month we helped the KDWP regain the ability to make regulations without interference from Topeka. Guess what, this is the last year for transferable tags and there were some other good changes made.
grin.gif
grin.gif
Next year we will be back to the draw system. We still need to get under control the large number of NR tags available, but last year, some units didn't even sell out.

Thanks for the offer to move up to Iowa. I would love nothing more than to return to my native land, but that dream is still at least 10 years away, due to a shared custody arrangement for my son. I shall return for good someday to my homeland...I hope it isn't destroyed by the greed of others.

Keep fighting the good fight my friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like great news for the residents hunters of Kansas. I wasn't aware of the transferrable tags being taken away. That is a major win and step in the right direction. Maybe we can still win this battle. Keep fighting down there in Kansas! Hope you can return to Iowa when your son is older! Your son needs you to be there for him. As you know there is no job more important than to be a parent/mentor for your children. We will do our best to keep the hunting as good as it was when you left or even better. Be sure to bring your son back to the homeland with you!
grin.gif

Wow. I missed a busy day on IW. I hope you just shot yourself in the foot old Texas Mike.

Been meaning to become a member of the IBA for awhile but you just pissed me off enough to join.

Justin Johnson
Proud New Member of the IBA!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it MIKEY!
2guns.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...word is that you and the king ranch have about 7000 acres leased in union county in which you run that program.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea and you get a ticket if you look that way while driving down the road.

If all Hunters from Texas think like this greedy bonehead, { I hope they dont.} then we need to flush Texas and give it back to OL Mexico.

I think you guys have my motivation confused with those who have millions of dollars and want to buy huge chunks of land. I'm just a regular guy with limited means who wants to hunt quality deer. You are right in that a big part of why you HAVE quality deer is because you limit non res tags. I understand.

The reason I don't apply in those other states is because in Iowa, if you work hard enough, you can still find good hearted people who allow you to hunt their land free of charge. In most of those other states, free hunting is a thing of the past. Yes, Michigan produces a few big bucks every year. Unless you've hunted Michigan, you have no idea of what hunting pressure is. I hunted Iowa in 2005 and I couldn't believe the lack of hunters. Day before the opener it looked like a ghost town. Here it is like another holiday. Campers, trucks with 4-wheelers, orange hats, etc. People everywhere. We have, if I remember correctly about 3-4 times as many hunters. It is refreshing to see such low hunting pressure. They allow two bucks to be taken and the first can be a spike with 3" horns. And most guys shoot those bucks. In Iowa, there are so many quality deer, most guys won't burn their tag on a scrub buck.

I understand more non-res tags is not going to happen. I just didn't think a few more non res tags would ruin what you have. I don't want to see rich non resident outfitters buy up your land either. That would hurt the little guy (non resident little guys too!).

Top Bottom