Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Northeast Iowa Guys.

bigbuckhunter88

PMA Member
Any of you guys hear the rumor or see the buck shot apparently by the guy who owns Shiners? Rumored to score 206 typical. Possible new state record.

I don't know the name of the place but he owns the bar in Postville. the name has something to do with a number like 54 or 56. I've seen it. 206 green. GIANT!

Was the deer shot near Dorchester? I received a text today with a pic of a giant and it said "new record shot near Dorchester".

He owns the bar in Fayette called Shiners and Area 51 or something in Postville I believe. I got the pic message and it is unreal. Has he been getting calls or anything from magazines.

Yes it's legit. I'm sure we'll all hear more about it once he decides what to do with it. It's a giant.

Last edited:
Hadn't heard about it until now. Sure it will spread like fire with the internet. The bar in Postville is club 51.

Nice buck for sure.sorry you didn't get a shot at him Justin.

That is a true giant!

Yup giant. Congrats to him. Sure wish he woulda come back to my farm.:(

What a bummer that he left your farm but also very cool to say there is history with such a giant buck. Was he around this year on your place or in years past? If you had prior years pics of this buck, how old do you believe he is?

I have had that picture for a couple of weeks. The cat is out of the bag NOW.

Awsome deer and I will now start sharing the picture.

Congrats to him. What a pig! :drink2:

Lucky for him a certain group didn't know about this one or it probably would have been shot illegally and hauled out of State.

That is a true giant!

What a bummer that he left your farm but also very cool to say there is history with such a giant buck. Was he around this year on your place or in years past? If you had prior years pics of this buck, how old do you believe he is?

I'm pretty sure this buck was all over my farm in 2010. I figured he was 4 then. That would make him 7 now. I never saw him again. Figured he was gone. I guess not he must have really narrowed down his core area because he was killed very close. If its him I'm shocked he stayed clean. Hopefully I'll run into Nick sometime. Definitely would like to see the rack.

I'm pretty sure this buck was all over my farm in 2010. I figured he was 4 then. That would make him 7 now. I never saw him again. Figured he was gone. I guess not he must have really narrowed down his core area because he was killed very close. If its him I'm shocked he stayed clean. Hopefully I'll run into Nick sometime. Definitely would like to see the rack.
If ya don't mind me asking, how big was he back then? Just wondering about comparing how some deer have their biggest racks at 4 or 5 as opposed to being older.

Top Bottom