Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nose jammer

Well if all that is in it is Vanillin then why not just buy some artificial vanillia flavoring and put it in a spray bottle? Artificial vanilla flavoring is almost Pure Vanillin and its Cheap!

Try it and lets know if it works:way:

I bought a can at a show in MN last year. I just bought a case online and don't let anyone into the woods without it. Stands are staying fresh no matter how many times we sit them.

They gave me a promo code to use at checkout for free freight on reorders 'arrow'.

Highly recommend it- It's not a gimmick.

I see that there is a vanilla buck bomb out now too (not trying to rob the post here). Just curious if anyone has tried that?

Im with Muddy on this one, I will play the wind..I have to many nice bucks running around to hope it works... just my thought anyway

muddy said:
I think I will play the wind 100% of the time and see where it leads me.

I hunt flat big timber river bottoms where yeah you can try to setup so you are down wind of the trail. But the funny thing about deer is they don't always follow the trail or come from where you expect them to. So to me those who just hunt the wind is just not possible. If I just hung stands for the perfect wind I wouldn't have any stands.

So I try stuff to beat their nose.......until I'm good enough to know which way they are gonna come from every time.

Mobile Cooter

Almost hate to admit it but I bought 3 cans of the stuff online through Midway USA after hearing a lot of positive reviews. Well I was planning on picking it up at M USA in Columbia, MO but then called back to have them ship it up to me. Next thing I know I had two packages arrive a day after each other so I now have 6 cans of the stuff! I haven't used it yet but I have a big question. I am now wanting to start using estrous scents and drag rags starting this weekend. Has anyone used Nose Jammer and other scents at the same time? Do they cancel each other? Do they make every deer leave the county when combined? Do I need to stop buying gimmicks? lol..

A few nights ago I had a doe and a fawn down wind of me less than 5 yards. I was standing on the ground, and they were almost close enough to pet. I was wearing NJ on my boots...that is the only reason I can give for them not blowing and bounding off. They just walked away....unalarmed.

As has been accounted for on this subject already. I think any scent reduction can help,,but some deer at some times,,are just dumb,,or who knows why? I have had does and bucks, who have crossed my fresh path, or who had been walking around for an extended time in a swirling wind, who certainly must have gotten wind of me,,but showed little reaction. Happens sometimes.

I've been out just 3 times this year and that was for the early muzzleloader season. I bought a couple of cans of nose jammer off of ebay just to do some testing. I promised myself that I still wouldn't hunt stands on the wrong wind but "iffy" winds were acceptable. First 2 times out I had perfect winds for some of my observation stands which are very non-intrusive so I didn't get a good idea of if it really works or not, but I was covered up in dinks and does, all upwind of course. On Sunday I hunted one of my bow stands with an "iffy" WSW wind from a stand that ideally you want a W to WNW wind. My scent would be blowing up into a bedding area. I had 3 does and 2 dinks come from straight downwind and mill around below my stand. No mature buck sightings in my 3 outings and I ate early muzzleloader tag soup.

So far I'm sold on it but I'm going to keep testing it throughout the season and make a final decision then after I hang everything up in January. I have a farm that I save for the rut, low pressure, lots of mature animals, that is big timber where animals come from all directions where I can really put it to the test. I'm also pretty diligent about keeping my clothes scent free as possible so I don't know if that gives you some added advantages when using the nose jammer. I don't use any carbon suits or anything like that but I do wash my clothes in baking soda, let them dry outside, and then store them in air tight containers. I also get dressed in the field and use a scent a way.

The only reason it is working is because it has been so dry. Same difference as when you go pheasant hunting and it is real dry. The dogs have a heck of a time finding any birds cause their noses are so full of dust pollen and everything else floating in the air. There is no moisture to hold scent. I can say the same thing, I had 30 plus deer stroll by me on saturday night without a single deer blowing or even hesitating to walk by at twenty yards. I was sitting a cornfield edge with a grass strip. I was on north side of grass strip and corn was on south side of grass strip. Wind out of north. You guys have all been duped! LOL. The timing was right for this product to make its debut. I just keep my clothes in a plastic tub and spray them on and off everytime. Who knows maybe it helps but I am just saying I had same experience without any scents and all deer were downwind also. At least your wife will like the smell of vanilla instead of DIRT!!! LOL.

It works guys

We started using nose jammer this year, all of the team is using it and so far have not been busted by a single deer. My wife and daughter and i tested it before season, went out after work and school in plain clothes, smelling like perfume, cologne etc, no scent control what so ever. Sat in some brush on a clover field and had deer come from downwind of us all night, never smelled us, one decent buck picked us out inthe weeds and came back to us 3 different times to figure out what we were, circled downwind and cut our boot tracks everytime, eventually he fed off with some does and left well enough alone!!! I was skeptical at first but it really does the job. Give it a try guys!!

I have been using this stuff all fall. It really does appear to jam their sense of smell, but some deer freak out when they hit the stream. Same reaction we may have if you open your eyes one morning and can not see.
In Illinois last week we had a mature doe get downwind and she starting stomping and blowing. We watched her run 60 yards, settle down, and take a power line cut into the food plot at the other end. 30 minutes later I killed her with my recurve at 25 yards.
Sent some to a friend in SD and he had a 155 whitetail get his wind and turn around and leave. He killed him 45 minutes later when the buck came in for the opposite side of his tree. Definintly has merit and word will spread.
Brooks Johnson

I received a can in the mail for trial basis and have used it in wet and dry conditions and any deer that gets downwind has busted me each and every time. I keep myself and my equipment clean, my clothes are hanging outside when not on myself, and I feel I do a very good job at keeping scent free.

Nothing has busted my walk in trail but that's only because I'm so careful about tree approach. I spray it on my boots like it says when I get 100 yards from tree, again 50 yards from tree, spray on base of tree, spray half way up tree, and spray up where I'm sitting in the tree. It does not work for me, nothing will beat a whitetails nose except playing the wind and the thermals associated with it.

Can't tell me I used the stuff wrong because I did as it said on the can. Some deer just react differently to human scent. If they're low pressured deer then you'll get away with more or at least have less of a reaction. All of my hunts have been on public land and these deer won't tolerate human stink.

I still have nothing to report as far as mature buck reactions. Perhaps the nose jammer is preventing me from seeing any at all? In years past I usually don't start seeing the 4.5+ year olds until the 3rd or 4th of November so I'll try not to jump to conclusions.

I hunted Friday and Saturday morning. Friday I rattled in a 2.5 year old 8 pointer to the base of my tree but he stayed upwind from me the whole time. Saturday I had a group of 4 does come through at first light and then a group of 8 does come through at around 9:30. Both groups had 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks harassing them and chasing them all over the ridgetop I was hunting. The deer must have crossed my boot tracks 5 or 6 times and obviously there were lots of noses. There was one mature doe who was straight downwind from me and didn't get alarmed at all until she stuck her nose down right where I had walked. She got a little skittish and I thought the party was over but she just trotted off about 10 yards and then kept up with the rest of her doe group. I was expecting the usual "snort and bolt". Both of these hunts the wind was coming from the best possible direction to hunt these sets and was the first time I had been in the area. At this point my conclusion is that I'm not sure if it is completely effective but at the same time it doesn't hurt.

I'll always hunt the wind but as we all know mature rutting bucks can come from any direction so it'll be interesting to see how one reacts if one of those scenarios plays out.

I have had quite a few deer blow at me when they hit my scent stream, but if you can watch them alot of them come right back 30 minutes to an hour later. mind boggling.

Top Bottom