Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not bad for second chance!

scout

After the big fella' I had my eye on was struck by a car I was having my doubts. Nov 5 @ 3pm I scored on #2 in the line up. A very nice 10pt with a 2 1/2" sticker. He should gross 0ver 150 and net higher 140's. I jumped both of these dudes bedded together back in mid October.
Spitfire- broke farside rib and passed through farside shoulder stopping under the hide on the far side. Deer bolted to 60-70 yards.
This was a textbook hunt! ending with a perfice double lunger @ 12 yards.
Pictures to follow via my daughters assistance!
peace.gif
peace.gif
peace.gif

Stupid camera software! Could'nt be the operator!
grin.gif

Then today my wife says "get a doe tag, we could use more ring sausage and burger". YES MAM! I'm back in the woods for the rest and BEST of the rut
rockband.gif
peace.gif
beerchug.gif
182003_bow_buck.jpg

OK! I need help here.
smashcomp.gif

Re: Not bad for second choice!

182003_MZ_pistol_buck.jpg

This is the buck I shot MZ season with my Encore. First pistol deer.
grin.gif

182003_Ontario_bear.jpg

This is my brother-in-law and I with a couple bear taken in late August in Canada.

Still can't figure out the thumbnail photo of my 03 buck?
WHEEEEW! Now I'm sweatin'
icon_rolleyes[1].gif

Nice one!
beerchug.gif

Too bad about #1, I would have liked to seen a picture of him

Congrats

NICE BUCK!! I would be more than happy with that buck. Good job and have fun getting your doe. Sounds like you have a pretty nice wife.

Great looking buck. It sounds like that Spitfire did a number on him. Well done
waytogo.gif

I should have used a word other than "choice" in title of this post.
As I'm sure we all know, the deer that was killed on the road was no where near a sure thing. I've learned a lesson from this and by feeling confident that I could have killed him I burn the lesson into my memory. I'm very happy with this buck. Infact it's the 2nd largest I've ever killed.
The best thing about it is, I sent my brother-in-law to the stand when he was looking for a early mz-loader spot. When I asked about the hunt he grumbled about not seeing any deer and a dog barking and how small the hollow was, ect. ect. Then WAMMO! Ya Gotta Have Faith Baby!
yay.gif

I hear ya man! That Scout is starting to get on my nerves. And he hasn't even tried to pick a fight with me yet! Might have something to do with him killing all those nice bucks and me not seeing SQUAT. Scout says I stink; I'm starting to believe him. Hmmmmmmm.
confused.gif
bawling.gif
cussing.gif
wall.gif
All I can do is keep trying. Maggs

Congratulation's Scout,Look's like a real dandy!I'm not a fan of mechanical's but it you are proof positive that they will put them on the ground.Was he tailing a doe or just passing through the area you shot him in?
beerchug.gif

I put the tape to him the other day and found he scores higher than I estimated.
158 4/8 gr 154 net.

I've been playing catch-up on a bunch of little chores that got overlooked since mid Oct. Today I feel caucht up.
Tomorrow I have to go to DesMoines, then it's back after a doe with the bow and another in the special late season with the pistol if it all works out.
I got $207.00 worth of deer processing to pay for, a load of firewood and a chain saw repair bill looking at me.
I'll have to pick one up very soon.

Top Bottom