Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not Drawn...AGAIN!

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
Ok, so I actually expected the results when I looked at AZGFD's spring turkey draw results this morning. I've been putting all of my eggs in one basket the last couple of years, buying bonus points in the fall and hoping for that magical Gould's tag in the spring. As you can guess, they are very coveted and sought after. 6 bonus points wasn't enough. :( Next fall, I'll have 8 when I apply for the Spring 2012 hunt and I'm hoping that will finally get me there.

Anyways, I'm planning a New Mexico hunt for this coming spring to chase after real mountain Merriam's in the Gila NF. Tags are over the counter and I'm pretty sure the units I'm going into are going back to 2 tags for NRs (~$130 for 2 tags). I know its a super-stupid-crazy-long drive, but if anyone is interested in a great hunt in beautiful country where most of the rest of the Merriams in this country have come from (besides AZ), I could use a good partner. I know you are all in the middle of the rut, but I thought I'd throw it out there now. Yes, I know its crazy that I plan my turkey hunting that far ahead, but it is my greatest love. :way:

Top Bottom