Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not lucky

goatman

I hunt days ending in Y
Been getting pics of this fawn for about a week. It is eating but going down hill. One can only guess what happened.

IMG_0798.jpg

goatman said:
Been getting pics of this fawn for about a week. It is eating but going down hill. One can only guess what happened.

I'd harvest that thing. Delicious tenderness and a waste if it dies anyways

I know someone will probably state chapter and verse of the hunting regs but I have, and would again, shoot an animal with or without a tag ("shoot shovel and shut up") to put an animal out of its misery if there is no way it will make it and only suffer. Since I usually have an extra antlerless tag this scenario would be easy to remedy within the regs, assuming it came close enough to me. Of course Murphy's Law would probably kick in and once I decided it was not going to make it and I wanted an animal like this to present a shot is when it would stay just out of range.

If you get a chance to shoot one like that, just do it & call your CO, or call ahead of time, & let them know that you've spotted one. Nine outta 10 COs won't make you burn a tag on a sorry site like that one.

Top Bottom