Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not one to demolish a company's name..But when they deserve it.

Over the past 5 years, I have bought around 20 Cuddeback trail cameras. Out of those 20, 8 of them worked for less than a month, and the other 12 quit after just a year or two. Worst trail camera out there, I've owned every model cuddeback has, and have had nothing but problems. Even worse, the customer service is by far the worst I have ever encountered. They refuse to fix my cameras without paying over 100 dollars for each unit, and the only other option they give me is to buy a brand new one for half price. They need to fix their own junk, for FREE! Im not sure if Im just the only one that has these problems, or if its an often occurrence, either way, it has me so frustrated and to the point where I really wish a company like this goes out of business. Sorry for the rant...Just want to encourage everyone to STAY AWAY from cuddeback!

I bought 5 Hunten cameras and 5 wildgame for cheap- they are like $39.99 at menards- and they are still working great with no issus and 1 set of batteries (it takes C battery) lost almost an entire year. For the price of a Cuddeback, you can get about 4 of them!

Over the past 5 years, I have bought around 20 Cuddeback trail cameras. Out of those 20, 8 of them worked for less than a month, and the other 12 quit after just a year or two. Worst trail camera out there, I've owned every model cuddeback has, and have had nothing but problems. Even worse, the customer service is by far the worst I have ever encountered. They refuse to fix my cameras without paying over 100 dollars for each unit, and the only other option they give me is to buy a brand new one for half price. They need to fix their own junk, for FREE! Im not sure if Im just the only one that has these problems, or if its an often occurrence, either way, it has me so frustrated and to the point where I really wish a company like this goes out of business. Sorry for the rant...Just want to encourage everyone to STAY AWAY from cuddeback!

Over 5 years and 20 cameras later you continued to buy a product that had failed you :confused:

Over 5 years and 20 cameras later you continued to buy a product that had failed you :confused:

Agreed. You sure gave them a lot of repeat business for having a crappy product!

I like the other poster said, use the cheap cameras and they seem to get the job done. Are they the best? No but for the price they do what i need them to do and if someone steals one, it doesnt sting as bad.

I bought 5 Hunten cameras and 5 wildgame for cheap- they are like $39.99 at menards- and they are still working great with no issus and 1 set of batteries (it takes C battery) lost almost an entire year. For the price of a Cuddeback, you can get about 4 of them!

I sold mine, but those Hunten cams for the price are absolutely the best performing and reliable cameras I have used! They would detect movement up to 70+ feet out. I just hate the C batteries!

Hunten? I don't believe I've ever seen those before, definitely will have to look them up! And yeah I realize that it was pretty stupid to keep buying them...call it the celebrity endorsement bug. "well if so and so uses them, they must be the best"

I agree about the cameras from Menards made by Hunten & Wild Game Innovations. They are all less than $80 each & I got one on sale for $50 that uses AA batteries. Three models use AA batteries & there is one that's the older style that uses C batteries.

I had one that was 4 years old made by Hunten that I bought at Scheels for $50. It died this fall...threw it away...bought another $50 camera. Cheap enough to replace when they die or get stolen.

I was just at Menards last week off Hickman in Des Moines area and they had the same cameras I use on sell for $32.99 and $39.99 I would go get a few if you are in the area- for that price- they are reliable and VERY user friendly.

Covert mp6 black is the cam I have settled on, I played the cuddeback game myself…….

I have had a number of Cuddebaks, and have 2 different models now. I bought two new cameras last fall, and all 3 of them are sucking the life out of batteries like there's no tomorrow. I have used them for years, but will not buy another one.

I agree with ur post 100%!! I had same issues. So u made additional mistake of buying too many- oh well- at least u got the truth on those figured out and took the time to save a lot of other people grief! Thx for post. Dead on and I've run 3 other brands that r a million times better than CB. I can't believe the paid & bought people that pimp these pieces of crap to the public.

I've had 4 different Cuddeback cameras, mostly because their business plan seems to be "make a product that just outlive the warrantee and then when it quits, offer a (slightly) reduced rate on a new one in lieu of paying an outrageous repair bill. I'm not too bright but I eventually caught on. No more Cuddebacks for me no matter who whores for them!!!

I caught the cudde crap too! I have one left and was suckered to buy 2 to replace original 1.3 model. Never again..worst customer service of any product I deal with. Now have a moultrie d55 c that just took 5 thousand pics since summer. A bunch of wildgame..great pics and flash and the covert black ops which work good. Hats of to junkie moultrie for making a good camera for the money. I need dependable units that dont cost 500 bucks..reconx and cudde should be ashamed but its there business model.

I bought the c.b. No Flash the first year it was out. Paid 3 or 4 hundy for that piece of crap. Had issues the second year I had it and their customer service was unbelievable...and I mean in the worst service I've ever dealt with...never again.

Try a bushnell. I've also had cudde problems along with others I know. I will say that my moultrie is being a POS and not taking pictures of deer standing 30 feet in front of it. They have the get about 15 deer away or run past to trigger this camera. I also run two Reconyx and absolutely love those but I just can't afford to run 10 of them. The bushnells produce a very good daylight picture and an average night pic(grainy) with a very long flash range. The trigger time and detection zone is also very nice.

Crazy to see just how bad cuddebacks are! It's amazing their still in business. Glad to see I'm not the only one whos had issues however, and I will definitely look into the bushnells and huntens! Thanks for all the comments... Hopefully everyone has seen this thread and can see just how bad cudde's are and avoid them!

Try a bushnell. I've also had cudde problems along with others I know. I will say that my moultrie is being a POS and not taking pictures of deer standing 30 feet in front of it. They have the get about 15 deer away or run past to trigger this camera. I also run two Reconyx and absolutely love those but I just can't afford to run 10 of them. The bushnells produce a very good daylight picture and an average night pic(grainy) with a very long flash range. The trigger time and detection zone is also very nice.

Bushnell and Covert. Battery life is awesome, good pics

Top Bottom