Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not proud of myself tonight

jasondodd

Hi All

Had a 10 yard shot at a heck of a nice 12 pointer tonight. He took a step right when I shot. I did have a clean pass through, but when me and a buddy went back out 3 hours later, we found lots of blood, completely covered arrow. We tracked good blood for about 50 yards in the dark and then heard him get up ahead of us and fall right back down. We left immediately and will go back at sun up.

This has happened to me a few times in 18 years of bowhunting and it just makes me sick with myself for not getting a quick kill. He went up to a fence twice along the blood trail and never jumped after I shot him, and when we bumped him he got up and laid right back down so I'm sure he'll be dead over night.

Just needed to vent my own frustration! Hopefully we'll get him in the morning, regardless of how big he is!

Sounds like you probably got a back liver hit and hit an artery. You'll find your deer tomorrow. Can't wait to see the pics! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ANY UPDATE?

Sure hope you're taking lots of picutes and are elbows deep in field dressing that buck right now.

Re: Not proud - Found him!!

We found him this morning, thank goodness. Wow, I'm thrilled. Definately the best deer I've ever shot. There's 14 points and great mass. I'll try to post pics in the harvest forum.

Thanks!

Top Bottom