Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not shooting straight

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
Hey guys, I got a problem. For some reason when I'm target practicing all my shots seem to go to the right from where I'm aiming. So each time I'll tweak with my sights and then I'll be shooting good, but the next time I shoot again my shots are off, and from here the process just repeats itself. This is only my second year bow hunintg. Maybe its the way I'm releasing or something. Any tips?

or you could be gripping the bow differently.

to be consistent, everything you do needs to be the same from shot to shot, day to day

Kinda what I was thinking was the way your gripping your bow, and your anchor point... sounds like others are thinking the same.

All right thanks guys. I've started concentrating on gripping the bow the same each time, along with making sure I hit the release the same, and that seems to help alot. What do you mean by anchor point?

where you bring the string to at full draw.....touch your nose to the string the same each time....place your hand against your jawbone to the same place, with the same amount of pressure...have your kisser button come to the same spot on your mouth each time, etc. where ever you achor too has to be the same from shot to shot

Just a thought but you should never "grip" your bow. Should rest in the "V" of your hand. all 4 fingers and your thumb should not touch your riser. Seems scarey but if you get use to it, you will shoot way better and you should always have 2 points of anchor.

I just resolved a similar problem with my wifes bow and it was her fletcings touching her arrow rest upon shooting. A good way to test this is a lipstick test. just simply take regular lipstick an easy color to see and put it on your fletchings and shoot it. If the lipstick transfered to the arrow rest forks then obviously they are touching and that can throw off your arrow in a number of ways.

Top Bottom