Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not the Boss, but...

K

Kat

I had a great time this morning. Shortly after sunup I had two toms gobbling about 100 yards out or so. I’ll be the first to admit that I won’t be winning any turkey calling contests, but I have fun. Anyway my tone must have changed from sweet-talking to asking if he’d still respect me in the morning and then I must have asked him to meet my parents because they decided to make a sharp left turn over the ridge. Oh well. Soon a small group of hens fed around my decoys. I was pretty sure I saw a bearded hen yesterday and yep, there she was. I thought about shooting her, but thought maybe she had a nest going so I didn’t. Her beard was about eight inches or so. That was cool. They left and I called some more. Suddenly out of nowhere a big jake came up to the decoy and said “hey baby.†I let two jakes walk yesterday, but a little bird told me to take this one. It was just a picture perfect twenty yard shot. I couldn’t pass it up. I don’t have a scale but I’ll guess he's around 16 lbs or so, and he did have a whopping four and a half inch beard. The tips of his tail are really light.

I’m having too much fun, I’m going to buy another tag now and get one of those big boys.

400turk_j-med.jpg

Way to go Kat! I am sure it will taste better than the tag stew I am working on.

Kat, good call on letting the bearded hen walk. Even if you wouldn't have got another one, you made the right choice. Great job!

my "advice" in the chatroom last night worked!!

if it's gotta beard put it down!! good job on passin the hen, this late in the game i don't know if i could've!!

Good job Kat! Now if I could get your hunting interest to rub off on my wife so I can get her butt out there with me. Good job girl!!!

Dirtball- I think that a really intersting post could be made by rearranging the words in your last post!
evil.gif

Top Bottom