Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not the way you want to harvest a deer!

That buck will not break any records and I'd be surprised if it was honestly 300 lbs. Did anyone weigh it? What record will it break? If someone were to offer me 3 grand for a deer I hit with a car, it'd be sold. I would have no emotional ties what so ever to it.

The only way that buck is breaking records is if the guy standing there is 8 foot tall and weighs 470 pounds. Now THAT would be a big deer. lol

This apparently happened within 10 miles of my house, but this is the first I've heard about it. You guys gotta remember, SW Wisconsin is not Iowa. Big deer to us is next year's shooter to you guys. :)

2 other comments, I'll bet it does weigh 300 pounds. The guy in pic weighs 200 or so, and the trunk of the deer is noticeable larger than he is. I've never seen a 300# myself, but I've seen several that are over 250#, especially before the rut has taken it's toll on them.

Lastly, regardless of what it weighs, if someone offered me $3k for a deer I'd hit with a car, it also would be sold. There's no great personal accomplishment in smucking one with a car, so why keep it?

Last edited:
Agree that the deer won't break any records, but that is a 300lb deer. No way it's not, unless that photo is doctored, which I doubt. That thing is huge.

Top Bottom