Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Note about Making Forum Thread Titles Intuitive

NextBuk

Webmaster
Hey Everyone, just a note that you might notice we'll tweak thread titles going forward. I'm making an effort to get more of our super valuable content on this site indexed by search engines. To do that, we need to get good relevant keywords in the titles of our posts. This helps not only search results but it makes it more intuitive for those looking for certain content to more quickly know if they've found something worth checking out. For example, instead of making your thread title, "What do you think of this?", we may change it to contain the actual question or at least keywords that the question is about. We really appreciate your contributions here everyone, have a great week!

Seems a little weird to me......I knew right away I did not title the Desantis/Trump debate........."Who do you prefer, Desantis or Trump"

If I am going to post something and someone else changes it.......Meh.....No!

Definatly a no go for me...........

Seems a little weird to me......I knew right away I did not title the Desantis/Trump debate........."Who do you prefer, Desantis or Trump"

If I am going to post something and someone else changes it.......Meh.....No!

Definatly a no go for me...........
I have to agree. If the words are attributed to my user account, I struggle knowing someone can edit what I have posted

I don’t post a lot so take it with a grain of salt, but this kind of thing makes me less inclined to post. Very heavy handed in my opinion.

Kind of like turning in a high school composition paper and instead of the teacher giving you a bad grade and showing you what you could’ve done better they just “make it correct” for you. (It’s early that’s all I got for analogies)

I’d be surprised if you see any quantifiable upside to this policy especially when weighed against the negatives. I’d reconsider.

So it was you, NextBuk, that invited all these guys, lol.
Screenshot_20230620-055219_Chrome.jpg

Tough crowd! Well, not sure what to say guys, just trying to grow our audience by actually letting search engines find the awesome posts on this site. By giving context to the thread titles, visitors that find our pages via search engines will actually have an idea of what the topic is about. You are welcome to make them more intuitive yourself, but this really should help everyone and if you don't support it, well, I respect your opinion. It's not like we're changing them away from their true meaning. All we're asking is to title your thread a little more like the question or comment you actually make in the first post for the thread.

I’d be surprised if you see any quantifiable upside to this policy especially when weighed against the negatives. I’d reconsider.
Trust me, there is a huge upside to this in terms of search engine rankings and growing our audience.

If you are looking for help with growing apple trees, would you rather see search results that say, "Check This Out", or "here's what I did this weekend", or would you rather see, "Why I planted Arkansas Black Apple Trees" and "Good Source for Doggo Crabapples"?

So it was you, NextBuk, that invited all these guys, lol.

Far as the bots go, Buckscrape, bots crawl our site all the time with or without me... we're just trying to give the legit ones (we look to ban the ones up to no good) clear context around the content here so that the site can rank higher.

Anyway, sorry to piss some of you off, have a great day gang!

Tough crowd! Well, not sure what to say guys, just trying to grow our audience by actually letting search engines find the awesome posts on this site. By giving context to the thread titles, visitors that find our pages via search engines will actually have an idea of what the topic is about. You are welcome to make them more intuitive yourself, but this really should help everyone and if you don't support it, well, I respect your opinion. It's not like we're changing them away from their true meaning. All we're asking is to title your thread a little more like the question or comment you actually make in the first post for the thread.

Trust me, there is a huge upside to this in terms of search engine rankings and growing our audience.

If you are looking for help with growing apple trees, would you rather see search results that say, "Check This Out", or "here's what I did this weekend", or would you rather see, "Why I planted Arkansas Black Apple Trees" and "Good Source for Doggo Crabapples"?

Far as the bots go, Buckscrape, bots crawl our site all the time with or without me... we're just trying to give the legit ones (we look to ban the ones up to no good) clear context around the content here so that the site can rank higher.

Anyway, sorry to piss some of you off, have a great day gang!
You didn't piss me off just giving my opinion all is good.

Top Bottom