Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nov 6 seems to pay off for me. 3rd P+Y on this day

Shredder

Life Member
story later, here is a pic. I saw 4 that were over 140 this am, one in the 170s, Ghost, Auggie, Cloaca, and Splitbrow, ILdeerslayer, you have to see this ams footage. It is awesome, short but awesome.

Attachments

• 36398-buck2003.jpg
    36398-buck2003.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 200
Great Job Ryan! Things are really getting fired up. Three bucks chasing does on the way to work this morning.

Good job Man....the Shredder family has had a great week!
waytogo.gif

Awesome deer Shredder! Congrats! Can't wait to see the footage and the footage of your wifes first buck too.
waytogo.gif
yay.gif

Re: Nov 6 seems to pay off for me. 3rd P+Y on this

Shred, if that's your third on Nov6 I think it's safe to say I wouldn't make any plans from here on out. Looking forward to hearing the details. Not even 9am and you are posting......you must be doing something right.
peace.gif

Way to go Shredder!!!!!!
beerchug.gif
Hell of a buck man! I can't wait to see the footage. Name the time and place. Once again great job!
beerchug.gif

Nice buck Shredder. Wish I could have been out this morning, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Once again, congrat's!!

CRITR

Great Job! You must of made a clean shot and quick work of that great buck! Nothing like seeing a sameday AM harvest photo first thing in the morning (while at work).

Congrats!
beerchug.gif

Congrats,

Man, your making me feel lazy. Pic posted before I even got out of bed. It's good to be on vacation! Well, I'm headed out at noon. Looks like a good evening to be in the timber.

Re: Nov 6 seems to pay off for me. 3rd P+Y on this

applause.gif

Great buck Shredder. Does he have a busted off G3 on his left side? What a brute. I passed up my second buck this morning. I had a 130" 9 pointer come in and investigate my doe decoy. He put on quite the display, made a scrape, banged his rack against a deadfall branch, his neck got soo big I thought he was going to explode! It sure makes it easier to pass a buck like that when your buddy is next to you video taping the whole thing. November 6th is great. I'll be back out this afternoon to ambush the huge'n I saw the other night!!!

PS: I would love to swapp video with you. We have several bucks and a couple kills on tape.

Re: Great buck!

Great buck.

I would love to see some home movies! It would be cool to see a video production of Iowawhitetailers taking their 03 deer. This could be displayed at the Iowawhitetail.com booth durning the deer classic in March.

Man, great deer shredder!

I need to get it done or I'll go crazy. I almost took a sub par buck yesterday just so I knew I'd have that first one under my belt. I'm running out of spare time and it is eating me up.
wall.gif
busted.gif

SHredder's details of the hunt

Here are the details. Yesterday, Nov 5, I hunted a stand on the edge of a crp field and saw the buck that I have a trail cam pic of in August. I tried to do a still hunt but had it fouled up by a doe he was tending. This am, I slipped into the area very early and lead the horses in the pasture all the way down to my stand to cover my entry. (unique stand approach huh?) As daylight unfolded, I found him bedded a mere 60 yards from the stand with a doe out in the CR field. The doe caught my scent and lead the buck away to about 200 yards. I found this to be entertainment as I videoed the whole ordeal, all the way down to him breeding the doe. As I was narrating the footage, I heard a deer walking in the grass, tuned to see this deer walking about 20 yards away. I was able to get my bow, draw, and shoot pickup the camera and video the buck going down. Within minutes after the shot, two other bucks, one about 110, and another about 140 came into the field. I waited until all three bucks were out of sight, and made my exit. This is not the specific buck I was after but is a good confidence builder after my streak of bad luck with yanked up shots. Rough score of 140.5 with a couple broken tines. I saw this buck last week from the road and guessed him in the low 150s, looks like that is about what he broke off………

Top Bottom