Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nov. 9th Success

charbs82

It's been a couple years coming. I've been working hard on the land and letting a lot of smaller deer walk the last two years, but finally I think it's paying off.

Saturday I climbed into my stand and immediately had action in the woods. Handful of does and a couple nice bucks milling around, but no one was interested in my grunts. Grunted a little more and a nice wide 8 rolled into my lane. Drew back and let it fly.....only to shoot the branch in front of me I thought i would clear. Awesome.

So I climbed down at 12 and grabbed a sandwhich and my saw. Cleared the lane for sure. Mid afternoon I grunted 2 seperate 8's in and they would stop just short of my lane. Then retreat. I figured my day was done. I mean how many chances was I going to get.

Then about 3:30 a button buck wandered in. I was watching him when this guy rolled in and ran him off. He walked and stopped right in my lane. Not the best as he was quartering to me, but when he looked back at the button it opened up the vital area. I set the pin right behind the shoulder and let it rip. Right in the boilermaker. He ran and disappeared in the woods. I heard him hacking and coughing. Sweet. I followed the trail and he didn't make it 30 yards with deflated lungs.

Not the biggest in the world, but a great trophy in my book. Any deer taken with a bow is a trophy if you ask me. It's nice to see the work and time come to an end result. Also nice to see a lot of the deer I've been letting walk are now shooters, and will be even better next year.

As Uncle Ted would say "love the mystical flight of the arrow".

picture.php

Sweet! Sounds like a fun day in the stand. That's a neat looking rack how it all curves inward. Congrats!

Top Bottom