Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November 10 Buck

killer_mike

Last Saturday I decided to go into the stand a little earlier than normal and as it turns out I'm very happy I did. I killed my last buck in 2010 out the same stand and my dad has killed one out if it in 2009. It is probably my favorite stand for the rut, its just highly used funnel. I got in the stand around 1:35 and rattled about 1:50 up over the hill comes a real heavy 10 and a for sure shooter. He milled around and got to 26 yds and never presented a shot. I watched him walking away trying a couple grunts to no avail. I was pretty bummed and textin my dad and buddies, who all said "its too warm", but I had a feeling they would be movin. It was only about 15 minutes later I hear a crunch over my shoulder and the deer pictured below was coming up a dried up creek bed. I let the arrow fly and he went 15 steps and layed down to rest. I bought a heli'm this year after shooting an old Zmax that always got it done. Heli'm is a little quieter than the zmax and happy it is as it was pretty good poke to get this deer down. I really like reading this forum, not a big fan of the PMA costing money. Here's a couple pics for you cheap a**es like me.
forum

Last edited:
Last Saturday I decided to go into the stand a little earlier than normal and as it turns out I'm very happy I did. I killed my last buck in 2010 out the same stand and my dad has killed one out if it in 2009. It is probably my favorite stand for the rut, its just highly used funnel. I got in the stand around 1:35 and rattled about 1:50 up over the hill comes a real heavy 10 and a for sure shooter. He milled around and got to 26 yds and never presented a shot. I watched him walking away trying a couple grunts to no avail. I was pretty bummed and textin my dad and buddies, who all said "its too warm", but I had a feeling they would be movin. It was only about 15 minutes later I hear a crunch over my shoulder and the deer pictured below was coming up a dried up creek bed. I let the arrow fly and he went 15 steps and layed down to rest. I bought a heli'm this year after shooting an old Zmax that always got it done. Heli'm is a little quieter than the zmax and happy it is as it was pretty good poke to get this deer down. I really like reading this forum, not a big fan of the PMA costing money. Here's a couple pics for you cheap a**es like me.
forum

Thank's for posting it here!! No charge!!!:way:

look at the snout/muzzle on that old booger...the deer, not the hunter:D
Nice buck, congrats.

*ihopemypmamembershipdoesn'tdetractfrommystatement

Top Bottom