Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November Vacation

10-14 personally, a lot depends on temps as well but i have had the most success the 9-17th of November. I will be off the 7th thru the 17th this year.

Work forced me to take from Oct 31st until Nov 16 off this year... I usually prefer the 8th-25th off... I am in SW Iowa most of the time

My best date has always been around nov 7th- could be due to my eagerness to always be in the stand that day and sit all day- but you can't really go wrong with either set of dates

When I used to hunt more in east central Iowa(predominantly northern Washington County and Johnson County) I came to prefer the first ten days of November for rut action.

Now that I have been predominantly hunting my own place in SE Iowa(Davis County) for about 14 years, I like the 8th to 15th better.

I don't have enough data points to say for sure, but it seems to me like there is about a 5-7 day later peak rut activity phase a little further south.

I like the 3rd thru the 7th better but I don't think you can go wrong with either one. A hot doe could come running by anytime during November. November the 8th is my favorite day of all!

I would take the 3rd - 7th, I've seen more bigger buck start to lock down with a doe the 2nd week which makes it tuff to get on them.

I would take vacation the 3-7th, then call in sick the 10-14th off with a severe case of anal-glaucoma (can't see your a$$ going to work illness). That's just me though. Heck you might even play the Ebola card and get off until after Thanksgiving.

All jokes aside, seems like I kill all my deer after the 14th. Whatever you do you will kick yourself that you should have taken the other time off if you don't have any luck.

10-14th has got to be better. The moon will be on the down side and the weather is supposed to be a little cooler.

7-11 has always been my hot dates... I've killed on the 7th 9th 10th and 11th...

My vaca is the 5th - 15th this year.

Honestly if I had to choose dates it would be from October 28-November 3. Tons of deer movement and I've killed bucks 2-4yrs on Halloween night. Seems via trail cams the majority of my daylight mature bucks are the end of the month thru first couple days in November then things fire back up 14-end of first split.

Honestly if I had to choose dates it would be from October 28-November 3. Tons of deer movement and I've killed bucks 2-4yrs on Halloween night. Seems via trail cams the majority of my daylight mature bucks are the end of the month thru first couple days in November then things fire back up 14-end of first split.

X2 I have tagged out between the 26th and 1st for 5 out of the last 6 years

Top Bottom