Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

now what to do after deer season is over?

peterb

well now that i have my shotgun tag filled and my bow tag was filled earlier last month i am stuck with not much more to do. just wonderin what all you guys do after your all done with deer hunting? i guess i will pull out the smoke pull and try to kill some yotes. this kinda got me all down in the dumps when i realized yesterday that i couldnt get a another tag for late season muzzy. oh well, i guess get the beagles goin. and makin jerky for these long winter months coming up.

put the hunting equipment in storage until fall. its time for fish!! take a trip to the mississippi and snag some spoonbill under a lock and dam!!!! or if your lucky like me go to bonaparte iowa and do your snagging. best snagging honeyhole in the world.

I'm telling ya, after deer season ends, the coyote calling begins! And it is as much fun as deer hunting. My heart pumps WAY HARDER when I got a yote coming in hard than having a doe at 15 yards.

Go absolutely crazy... there is usually a nice hole above my bed where i bang my head on the wall.

seriously i spot deer, pick up sheds, run cams, hunt turks.. little fishing. shoot bows. call yotes, bowfish, fly fish, hang stands plant plots.

but in all honesty i serious freak out all year waiting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wegner36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">poutfest, nuff said </div></div>

^^ Agreed.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

After hunting season end i pull out the traps and go after Beaver,Bobcats,Coon,Yotes. Or anything else thats in the traps. Little extra money but after that i have nothing to do. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sheds...sheds...sheds...sheds...sheds. What was the ?, i have a one track mind right now.

Also going to get into dustin' some yotes witha trapper buddy in January.

Sheds......sheds...sheds...sheds....sheds......"what's my name?", "where am I?", "what day is it?"................sheds.....sheds...sheds. Man I better find one soon.

Cry, look at your dog, stare at your bow, Cry some more, look at your guns, clean them, stare at trail cam pics, continue a short dry cry then get the beer out and ICE FISH!!!!

Mineral licks, clearing out some areas/shooting lanes for stands that you realized you should have had up this year, shed hunting, food plots, build some homebrews...

"huntin" deer ,pheasent,quail, sheds,turkey then work work work to buy more huntin stuff.

im thinkin with deer season over and graduating college next friday i think work may be taking the front seat. then rabbit huntin after that. one question though, how do u guys work on food plots in the middle of the winter?

It's not over for me yet with a bow tag still to fill and 2nd season gun this weekend with one of my sons.In Jan. will start having my sons hit baseballs in the cage and throwing bullpens and the travel team my older son plays on I help coach will start indoor practice in Feb. with first tourney in April or March ending in Sept.My oldest loves to take BP and has a shirt that says "Raised in a Cage".

2 months of trapping and duck hunting. Still have a month of archery season left too. Need to find some wall space soon too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handcannon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ice fishing. </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom