Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NRC Agenda

Not that I read them all, but Item 20, Iowa City deer plan, actually mentions bow hunting. It also says rimfire rifles shall not be used. Was white bufalo using .17HMR?

Maybe the door is opening for bow hunts in Iowa City.

The 'Bonker

Too bad we ain't got any deer around here though... all moved to Des Moines and Cedar Rapids.

[ QUOTE ]
d. Early muzzleloader season. Prior to October 1, a person who purchases an any-deer
license for the early muzzleloader season may purchase the following paid antlerless-deer-only
licenses in any combination: up to three licenses for the youth/disabled hunter season (if
eligible), bow season, early muzzleloader season, first regular gun season or second regular gun
season, and late muzzleloader season. Up to three licenses may also be purchased for the
January antlerless-deer-only season. Beginning October 1, an unlimited number of paid
antlerless-deer-only licenses may be purchased for these seasons. No person may obtain paid
licenses of any type for both regular gun seasons.

ITEM 5. Rescind rule 571--106.6 (481A) and adopt a new rule as follows:
571—106.6(481A) Paid deer license quotas and restrictions. Paid deer licenses, including
antlerless-deer-only licenses, will be restricted in the type and number that may be purchased.
106.6(1) Paid any-deer licenses. Residents may purchase no more than two paid any-deer
licenses, one for the bow season and one for one of the following seasons: early muzzleloader
season, late muzzleloader season, first regular gun season, or second regular gun season. No
more than 7,500 paid statewide any-deer licenses will be sold for the early muzzleloader season.
Fifty additional paid early muzzleloader season licenses will be sold through and will be valid
only for the Iowa Army Ammunition Plant. There will be no quota on the number of paid anydeer licenses issued in the bow season, late muzzleloader season, first regular gun season, or
second regular gun season.

County Quota County Quota County Quota
Adair 1500 Floyd 250 Monona 650
Adams 1650 Franklin 150 Monroe 2500
Allamakee 3750 Fremont 850 Montgomery 800
Appanoose 3000 Greene 150 Muscatine 1500
Audubon 100 Grundy 0 O’Brien 0
Benton 1000 Guthrie 2500 Osceola 0
Black Hawk 0 Hamilton 100 Page 1100
Boone 500 Hancock 0 Palo Alto 0
Bremer 500 Hardin 400 Plymouth 150
Buchanan 300 Harrison 700 Pocahontas 0
Buena Vista 0 Henry 1900 Polk 750
Butler 250 Howard 800 Pottawattamie 1100
Calhoun 0 Humboldt 0 Poweshiek 750
Carroll 100 Ida 0 Ringgold 2250 Cass 600 Iowa 1200 Sac 0
Cedar 1000 Jackson 1600 Scott 1100
Cerro Gordo 0 Jasper 950 Shelby 200
Cherokee 0 Jefferson 1800 Sioux 150
Chickasaw 600 Johnson 1900 Story 400
Clarke 1250 Jones 1400 Tama 800
Clay 0 Keokuk 1500 Taylor 2100
Clayton 4500 Kossuth 0 Union 1500
Clinton 1200 Lee 2500 Van Buren 4000
Crawford 150 Linn 1700 Wapello 2000
Dallas 1500 Louisa 1500 Warren 1150
Davis 3000 Lucas 1050 Washington 1900
Decatur 2500 Lyon 0 Wayne 2500
Delaware 1200 Madison 1500 Webster 100
Des Moines 2000 Mahaska 1100 Winnebago 0
Dickinson 0 Marion 1200 Winneshiek 3000
Dubuque 2000 Marshall 500 Woodbury 750
Emmet 0 Mills 850 Worth 100
Fayette 2000 Mitchell 250 Wright 0

[/ QUOTE ]

As I see it Willie was able to keep them from letting everyone get EM tags...to which I would like to say THANKS Willie!
smile.gif

The only thing I still have a little problem with is saying " deer numbers are down, car/deer accidents are down, the kill was up" and at the same time raising the antlerless quota in many counties
confused.gif
I just feel all the numbers are coming from the central and northern parts where they are easily controlled.

I don't have a problem with raising the quotas...but I DO have a problem when they start adding "special seasons" to control the deer in those areas. We're already adressing that problem in another thread....so I'll leave it at that
smirk.gif

Read the whole of the new rules here:
http://www.iowadnr.com/nrc/06jun/18.pdf

Thanks for posting the link Ghostie!
waytogo.gif

dbltree,
Thanks for the link! I had some time to kill, so I read over it.

If I understand this correctly, they basically have dropped the hunter ed certification requirement for kids? Is that how it reads to others?

[ QUOTE ]
they basically have dropped the hunter ed certification requirement for kids

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, that is proposed for the youth seasons. However, hunter ed is still required to get a hunting license if you were born after 1967. The youth do not need a license if under 16 years of age and hunting with a licensed adult but sooner or later they will so I always suggest that they get this training as soon as they can.

Someone questioned this at ICN meetings but Mr. Little felt (and I agree) that a parent is capable of knowing their youngsters are ready to hunt with them, during the youth season.
We need to do anything possible to encourage young people in the sport of hunting and if taking them at 9 or 10 will get them excited about hunting...then doggone it...get em in the woods!
waytogo.gif

As I understand it...they will also be able to use up to 3 antlerless tags during the youth season also. All of that is a little hard to read since they have old rule crossed out and new rule added
confused.gif
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Bring on Iowa City
applause.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't hold my breath. The DNR has recommended bow hunts from day one, only to have a one or two city council members veto it. I'm really tired of them spending my tax dollars (hiring White Buffalo @ $180K/yr) on "curing a problem" that could be taken care of at no cost to the tax payers (allow bow hunting, DUHHH!).

[ QUOTE ]
The amendments list license quotas for antlerless deer licenses, change restrictions on
seasons in which antlerless-only licenses may be used, require landowners and tenants to register
before obtaining free deer licenses, require all hunters that shoot deer to report each kill to the
Department, and clarify tagging requirements.
Notice of Intended Action was published in the Iowa Administrative Bulletin on
March 29, 2006, as ARC 5015B. A public hearing was held on April 18, 2006. More than 250 comments were received. Most comments opposed changes to the Early Muzzleloader Season and the November Antlerless season.
The changes from the Notice of Intended Action are: 1)
Establishes final antlerless license quotas, 2) restores some restrictions on antlerless-deer-only
licenses depending on the season in which an any-deer license was purchased, 3) clarifies
tagging requirements, 4) permits the use of crossbows for senior hunters during the bow season
as required by a Code change, and 5) defines “juvenile child” for purposes of obtaining free deer
licenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee...I wonder who made all the ruckus?
evil.gif

You do not have to have a Hunter Ed. unless you were born after 1972, as long as you are a resident, if you want to hunt out of state you the date changes to 1967.

Top Bottom