Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NT World Record in Jeopardy

I saw that on archerytalk a couple days ago. They were claiming 307. To me it doesnt look that big at all but who knows I guess.

No way is that 307". Heck, both the bucks posted on HERE this last season- the mammoth NT's are both bigger than that buck. Absolutely that thing is monstrous but not 307 IMO.

As far as I'm concerned Indiana can have that crown. That way the rich city folk buy up the land there rather than here. I know, I know... I'm such a selfish a-hole.

Wouldn't be a worlds record (333 7/8 wr) it would be indiana state record. I won't say 308 5/8 (official entered score) will be the final score, but being a P&Y measurer, and knowing quite a few B&C measurers, i can't believe a official scorer submitting a score sheet off by 60" thats just not going to happen. It's easily Indiana new state record and possibly the largest whitetail ever taken by a hunter.

I'm not sure about 300", but if the brow tines are 13"+ that's a huge rack, plus the scull cap looks tiny in comparison to the antlers. Great deer how ever it scores.

Wouldn't be a worlds record (333 7/8 wr) it would be indiana state record. I won't say 308 5/8 (official entered score) will be the final score, but being a P&Y measurer, and knowing quite a few B&C measurers, i can't believe a official scorer submitting a score sheet off by 60" thats just not going to happen. It's easily Indiana new state record and possibly the largest whitetail ever taken by a hunter.

Could be if 308 5/8 holds up.

Last edited:
Are there people here seriously arguing that the deer doesn't look 300 inches? How many deer do we get to judge by that many inches every year??......

This will be very interesting when you hear the story of this deer and where it came from. I don't think it will lessen the effect on Iowa either. This thing shatters the state record by 60 inches and IN doesn't turn out many 170 inch deer let alone things like this.

Are there people here seriously arguing that the deer doesn't look 300 inches? How many deer do we get to judge by that many inches every year??......

This. Most people have a hard time guessing within 5% of a 150" deer by just looking at pictures. I would guess when that deer jumps to a 300" class, the guessing range would jump up closer to 10% maybe even higher.

This. Most people have a hard time guessing within 5% of a 150" deer by just looking at pictures. I would guess when that deer jumps to a 300" class, the guessing range would jump up closer to 10% maybe even higher.

Definitely higher.

I'll admit it, at first glance I said the same thing, sure doesn't look like 300 inches. But, you start thinking about it and the bone adds up fast! It'll be interesting to see the story progress. Obviously they'll probably do a real fancy panel score with the top scorers in B&C, investigation to ensure fair chase, and some other hoopla. No matter what "officially" comes out it's a heck of a set of antlers!

Top Bottom