Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nursery

Thought i would respond to several messages above at once. Cannot recall the CRP program offhand and i don’t have the paperwork but it allows for 180’ on each side of a stream bank as well as around ponds.

This is my first time ordering from Yellow River. Read good things about them. Seedlings are quite a bit more expensive than state nursing but they should be larger as well.

We have hired a contractor to do the 20,000 tree planting. I actually had some challenge finding someone to do it.

Species are very diverse mix of oaks, walnut, persimmon, cedar, dogwoods, plum, several other shrubs I can’t recall, few silver maples for fast growing, and I am sure a few others.

Will be doing another 10,000 spring 2025. Sure hope we don’t have a drought year or two again!

Yellow River gets a thumbs up.

I have also used Morse, they are expensive, but have a few species you won't find at Yellow River.

What things do you like most about it?

Scott Pfeiffer of Yellow River Nurseries in Wisconsin has great prices and trees. I had previously gotten some from the DNR and there is no comparison. Scotts are 100x's better quality IMO. I don't know if he ships though. We drove up 2 different years to pick up orders. It's a pretty long drive.

Wildturkey: I know a guy from Georgetown who got a few hundred trees from Yellow River last year. He plants tons of trees. Grafts his own apple trees etc. He bought some more from Scott this year so they must've done well for him.
Have you ordered from Yellow River before? If not I think you will be very pleased.
Have you ordered from Yellow River before? If not I think you will be very pleased.
Thanks guys all good information

I’d appreciate your keeping us updated on your project. I’m considering a big project in the next several years. Not as big as yours, but big for me.
I’m interested if you’re planning on tubing them and who will do most of your labor.

Top Bottom