Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NWTF National Convention? Is it worth the drive?

Iowaide

Granted I know that I would probably enjoy this event since I have never gone to it before. I just thought maybe I would be lucky enough to find somebody who could put their two cents in on what the convention is really like. Thanks for any input.
Sean

I've been to 2 of them and would like to go every year. The calling contests are awesome especially the gobbling comtest. If you like turkey calls the callmaking competion is amazing. There is a taxidermy competion. There will be a dinner or some event every evening worth taking in with the auction being very good.

Take lots of $ there is an incredible amount of things you are just gonna have to have.

AGS

[ QUOTE ]
on what the convention is really like

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife and I went once when it was in Nashville and it was awesome!

The Opryland Hotel itself was very cool!

They have huge indoor gardens (9 acres!!)and they echoed with "owl calls" every evening!
cool.gif

People travel from all over the world and to visit Nashville and the looks on the faces of folks from Japan was priceless!
grin.gif

There were hundreds of booths (535 this year) and all I can say is....if you love turkey hunting and you would like to test every call including handmade custom calls...this is your chance!

We also went to the Grand Ole Opry and tours of Nashville.

I can't imagine anyone not having a great time
smile.gif

NWTF Convention and Sport Show

Thanks for your input. I see next years is going to be in Atlanta and I am more then likely not be able to go this year. My wife and I honeymooned in Nashville and visited the Opryland Hotel so I shouldn't have any problems combining some Hunting Business with some Marriage pleasure. She seemed to think it seemed like a good idea. I was kind of worried I would have to go without her. Ha. ha...

Top Bottom