Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Observations

Bowtech, that is still my experience. I had to drive to Iowa City this week, and in mid-day, there was a buck going across a bean field like a bird dog on a pheasant...nose to the ground, etc..., but then there are also places where it is like early rut with scrapes being attended, etc... I know it is prime time, but it is the strangest prime time I've ever seen!

I've burned 4 days of vacation now this week to only see a basket 6, 15 does, and one 4 inch spike chasing 2 small does. They did about 6 hot laps around my tree at 60mph, they they stopped and all went their seperate directions.

What a disapointing week and not a very good use of my vacation time. I'm going back to work tomorrow and will try one of the two days this weekend to see if anything has picked up. Other than that, I'm going to wait until I hear some good news on this site..

i think wat ur looking for rod has come and passed. they are locked down or bred. in the neext few days they will prolly start checkin again

Well, it sounds like I missed it again this year. Last year I was a week early, this year a week late. If I take 2 weeks off next year, I'll still probably miss it. I've been out twice since my last post and get does early in the morning and it's over by 8:00. Still haven't seen another buck.

Maybe I'll get one with my truck on the way to the woods. I'd probably tag is and call it a season. Well, until shotgun season anyway.. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel your pain! </div></div>

Sunday morning and afternoon, it was like the switch was flipped to full throttle. They were chasing, trolling, looking...everywhere...and it was cold and nasty with an east wind (at least here in se iowa). Now...dead again. I'm hoping they found some lovin Sunday, and then with the cold snap called for, they should be on the roam again around Thanksgiving. I still had some does with their fawns Saturday, so I'm surely not giving up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iatreehugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sunday morning and afternoon, it was like the switch was flipped to full throttle. They were chasing, trolling, looking...everywhere...and it was cold and nasty with an east wind (at least here in se iowa). Now...dead again. I'm hoping they found some lovin Sunday, and then with the cold snap called for, they should be on the roam again around Thanksgiving. I still had some does with their fawns Saturday, so I'm surely not giving up! </div></div>

I personally think that the next 5 days are going to be great!
An all day sit planned for tomorrow and a trip to NE Iowa Thursday and Friday Morning. Back home Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Sunday afternoon ????? Hopefully I will be done. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Good luck to everyone who is still hard at it.!!!!!!!

I personally think that the next 5 days are going to be great!
An all day sit planned for tomorrow and a trip to NE Iowa Thursday and Friday Morning. Back home Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Sunday afternoon ????? Hopefully I will be done. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Good luck to everyone who is still hard at it.!!!!!!! [/quote]

I agree! The buck are out looking again. This will be a good weekend!

Well we're nearing Turkey day, and historically (for me) it's been a time I've found myself in stand with the looming "Tag-Soup" on the door-step...BUT also a time when I've seen more big bucks than any other time. The peak breeding is usually complete and the big boys are running hard checking to find another HOT DOE.

I've got my buck tag filled, but I've got four doe tags burning a hole in my pocket and two different groups of about 10-15 does all scouted. I'm planning on layin the smack down Thurs-Sunday. I'm expecting to see some good antler as well.

Hope to put my younger bro on film harvesting his first deer with a bow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I agree! The buck are out looking again. This will be a good weekend! </div></div>

Saw two bucks out in the fields this morning. One was with 3 does in a corn field, another was cruising down a fence line.

Good luck, Guys!

next 5 day`s are great. lot guy`s on this site have harvested big buck`s this time of year. weather seems right, i bet we see some big one`s get whacked.

Top Bottom