Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

October Lull.....

Buckmaster14

If that's indeed what I have been experiencing the past week and a half, good, it means it will pass. If not, all my regular hunting spots have gone dry. 50 lbs of corn is now lasting over a week in a spot where they ate it in a day and a half 3 weeks ago... another spot it is still on the ground and the squirrels are slowly cleaning it up... no deer pictures on trail camera after 7 days.

I have not seen any oaks dropping acorns, and I took this evening to walk my properties and try and locate one. All dry.

Anyone else got this happening... I know you can't bait in iowa but is deer activity declining for you as well?

In seeing more deer in eastern iowa than I ever have this early in the season... I suppose its probably different for different areas but I know last year at this time I was in your boat. Itll turn around for ya.

Not to familiar with your Agricultural land in NC but here in the central part of Iowa, majority of the crops are in. I've sat twice both times over corn and every buck has come from the corn. I'd say a majority of the deer I'm after are using the corn as more than just a food source. I haven't had a shooter on trail camera in over a 2 weeks. I'd say here in the next week it should start to cool down, windy dry weather is going to help get the crops out a bit faster. With such a late spring planting it was bound to happen. Hopefully come end of Oct into November majority of the corn will be out.

Top Bottom