Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Odds??

timmys3431

What do you guys think the odds are of a new dominate buck moving into a peice of property this time of year?? Just curious. I believe the 3 biggest bucks on the property I hunt were harvested in the last 3 weeks. The owner's family were pretty accurate with the guns this year, lol. 2 of the three neighboring props were not gun hunted.

Usually it happens pretty quick...also, if the dominant buck had a running mate, they move out of the area and new ones come in.

What do you guys think the odds are of a new dominate buck moving into a peice of property this time of year?? Just curious. I believe the 3 biggest bucks on the property I hunt were harvested in the last 3 weeks. The owner's family were pretty accurate with the guns this year, lol. 2 of the three neighboring props were not gun hunted.

depends on what you have to offer him? Food, cover, ladies, etc...

It is certainly possible that your dominant buck "void" could be filled quickly, what do you have for food and cover right now? If you have a good late season food source then I would say you will have a good chance of seeing a "new" buck any time now, especially if you have good security cover to go with it.

Now then, if your property is roughly equivalent to surrounding properties, maybe not, especially since you indicated that neighboring properties were not gun hunted. Although...:D...the lack of gun pressure in your immediate area could help you if deer congregated in the unpressured timber(s) nearby.

I guess it all depends! :D Check out some of the Midwest Whitetail episodes from about 2-3 weeks ago. One of the guys there shot what he considered a "bully" buck with a bow in late November and then fairly quickly, as in a few hours I believe, was getting cam pics of another nice one that he then later shot with a shotgun.

The ground is bluff ground. It has 2 grass pastures. 1 120 acre field, 4 deep draws with many fingers extending out into the pastures. The tillable ground has 8 foot tall switch grass all around it. Timber is mostly tall oaks with good undergrowth. Boardering properties are: cattle pasture, untilled corn field, ripped bean field, bottom of bluff is small timber and untilled corn field.

Was hoping to put my cams back out this weekend. Looking to hunt end of next week. Sat 2 nights ago with nothing but a grunt tube. Called a button buck almost right to me.

Top Bottom