Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Off Topic,,BUT?

loneranger

Has anyone noticed the WEED Crop we have? I have never seen weeds so Tall. All the moisture and cool temp have made incredible weeds. I have weeds in my fields I swear 7 ft tall. Tons of huge Rag Weed. All those that suffer from Allergies ,,a tough road ahead! :confused:

I have noticed the same thing this year...the weed growth has been ridiculous. It has also impressed me how fast they have grown. I'm typically at my property every 2 weeks on average, and I have seen a small field go from very little weed growth (maybe a few weeds up to 6" tall) one week, and 2 weeks later it is full of weeds that are 2+ feet tall. I'm guessing this year has just been the perfect growing conditions for certain kinds of weeds.

I agree, the pretty constant rain fall through the early summer in our area was a real boon to the weeds this year. Allergy sufferers notwithstanding...ragweed is an awesome plant for quail!!!!

I agree, the pretty constant rain fall through the early summer in our area was a real boon to the weeds this year. Allergy sufferers notwithstanding...ragweed is an awesome plant for quail!!!!

Also, remember that deer are browsers. So all this lush weed growth is great for them as they feed on their way back and forth from the ag fields and food plots. The weeds this year are probably more nutritious than your average year, so I'm expecting better antler growth. ;)

Think the poison oak is more "poisonous" this year too... Still stratching from last Saturday

I don't know what weeds deer browse on, but guess they must be good for something. If rag weed is good for quail then I am glad,,even as I sneeze!:)

Two other benefits of the tree like weeds,,My fields are good bedding areas.! Also ,I make well cleared deer paths thru the weeds, every season to and from my plots and past my stands. The deer take the paths of least resistance . This year the tall tangle of weeds make my easy travel paths even more inviting!

Top Bottom