Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Off Topic: What kind of dogs do you all have?

We've got a sweet little britany that is 10 years old and showing her age a bit. She has had a kennal mate most of her life and has been lonely since he pasted 1 1/2 years ago. I have been considering getting a lab this summer to train as a shed dog and a all around gun dog.

Yellow lab

I have a yellow lab named Josie. She is 7 and does a great job retrieving ducks on the Mississippi. I have 3 pic's of her in the photo gallery. I'm not quite sure how to post them here. In a couple of years I'm going to be looking for a chocolate female to start training to replace Josie when she "retires" from making those long retrieves.

This is Maddy aka Spoiled Brat, she's a 6 y/o Water Spaniel.

1037maddy-med.jpg

Two big black labs, Jed- 130 lb. 10 yrs. old. he will fetch beer out of the frig. and the cooler. Tucker- 112 lb. 2 yrs. won't trade them for the world.

Hello all, I have an 18 month old female chocolate lab. She is a pointing lab said the seller. And after her first bird season this fall she has proven to be the best hunter I have seen in a long time. Late season she locked on 3 roosters in thick switch grass all about 100 yards apart. I could not believe it until I had to kick
the birds up as they set so tight. She really suprised me for the first year. I
had her bread this Jan. and she will have a litter around March 15. She is bred with a yellow Male that has an excellent pedigree. She loves kids and is very smart. If anyone is interested in a pup just email me at [email protected]. They should be good size by October for hunting.

Backup two year old part Rott, part stupid
wall.gif

Archie 11 year old Lab/Boxer
grin.gif

Yellow lab 15 yrs/3mths old. Really getting in bad shape, sleeps alot and can't walk well. Looks like he's not going to do me the ultimate favor and pass away in his sleep. Cannot bring myself to put him down. Told the vet the day he would have to prepare 2 shots. Can gut a deer with one hand and eat a sandwich with the other but this is going to be difficult!
frown.gif
By far the ultimate friend!

i have a female rat-terrier, and 2 female brittneys....so far, going to look at some rat-terrier pups next week

Teeroy, we have the same dogs! Rat terriers are great aren't they. Smart, funny, with a heart of a dog 10 times their size.
beerchug.gif

We currently are at our lowest dog numbers in years. We had a Viszla in 1989. He got ran over, then got into German Shorthairs for awhile. My new wife came with a Cocker Spaniel, so he hung around to the ripe old age of 16. Then got a few German Shepards, one of which we still have today. She is our only dog. She is extremely smart and protective. She's death on 'coons, possums and skunks
shocked.gif
. I took her pheasant hunting for the first time opening day of '03. We got two roosters the first hour. I could tell she was "birdy" when she got to the second group of pheasants, so she caught on fast. Maybe not the flashy points I'm used to, but she MINDS well and stays close. I'll trade biddability (is that a word?) for "chrome" any day.

i have a 1.5 year old black lab, although when we got him from the shelter they said heeler, retriever, i think he's 80% black lab 20 percent german short hair, full grown 45 lbs, catches birds, rabbits, and goes after deer daily, i tear up reading about those who struggle with putting your family members to sleep, i don't know how you deal with it, I hope my max lives forever, his spirit will for sure [image]http://[/image]
3266max.JPG

Top Bottom