Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Oh Oh Oh Godzilla..... Age and Score

Congratulations!!!!!!!

So now that I know yo don't own any land yourself.....why don't you open your pocket book and buy any?? I will answer you.....I can't afford any. That is the problem for alot of people, hence the start of the argument where people may afford to give a farm owner some green backs to hunt the land that they don't use. They also are helping limit crop damage.

If you had land and you didn't hunt and your income was from the crops which the deer are eating.....you are telling me that you wouldn't lease it out and make a few grand????? BS if you say you wouldn't

Times are changing and thanks to the guy in the oval office screwing everything up, people are looking for extra scratch to live.

Well than what is your beef?? Your making money every year and you have places to go!!! Be happy and don't get on people about leasing land when they might not have the opportunity or are fortunate enough to have the money or know people that have land to hunt.

Well than what is your beef??

My beef is that many "hunters" will throw cash at the "problem". Most of these types are "trophy hunters".

They roll up and start bartering for how much...

I've been able to establish relationships with the local landowners, instead of buying their favors.

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43387 This link directs to a post by Sligh1 ,a very good unbiased post that everyone should read who is all huffy puffy about this argument. Now can we FINALLY get back to why I started this post and throw some scores and ages up on this buck!?!? Here he is again :way:.

4513614_orig.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

Awesome buck!

I'd be thrilled to see him on a trailcam card.

I'm guessing him maybe 4.

Score? Post it with the harvest pic.

Who gives a **-- if he's leasing land, so if a guy has nowhere to hunt what is he supposed to do...??? Its always nice to have permission to hunt on someone, but not everyone has that privilege, if someone wants to lease some land and put in their time to hang stands and make foodplots to better their hunting season the so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an awesome buck. Hopefully you can get a good look at him next month from about 25 yards.
Like it or not leasing land for the hunting rights is not going away any time soon. I used to have permission on several different farms in Van Buren county but as the farmers got older all of these farms have been sold or leased. I don't have permission on any of the farms I grew up hunting on. Yes, you can still get access to ground without paying for it but its not as easy as it used to be, at least not where I hunt. I don't blame the landowners for getting something out of it or the hunters for paying for the hunting rights either. I don't own a golf course either so if I want to go golfing I have to pay green fees for that. I could get tv with an antenna also but I choose to pay for cable. Almost everything I enjoy costs me something.

Hike up your skirt and bring it, Nancy! ;)

picture.php

Dunkin, it ain't my thread but I'll happily say it-

Randy... Go pound sand....

Your elitest attitude makes me ill. Don't like the pay to play? QUIT!!!!! :confused: and nice work jackin' up a great thread.... :way:

@Team Haastyle, I love that buck! I'd say all of gross Boone and I have no idea on age... :grin:

Awesome buck! I'd say 5 1/2 and he will surely gross in the low 80's. Hope you can get him on the ground and see how good of judges we all are

Who gives a **-- if he's leasing land, so if a guy has nowhere to hunt what is he supposed to do...??? Its always nice to have permission to hunt on someone, but not everyone has that privilege, if someone wants to lease some land and put in their time to hang stands and make foodplots to better their hunting season the so be it.
If a guy with money has no where to hunt, he just displaces local hunters by leasing up land. True story. Page and Taylor county is infested with Wisky and Pennsylvanians, stacking local guys one on top of the other on the remaining properties.

Top Bottom