Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Old 10 pt

AGE & SCORE?

Let me hear your thoughts, I have no idea how old he is but im guessing 4+. Time and Date is correct. I thought it seems odd for him to be cruising at 2p.m. this early in the year. I had velvet pics of this guy but he seemed to drop of the map for the last month. Im happy to say ive located my #1 for the year and im hunting him this weekend!

Last edited:
shooter, regardless of score.upper 140's low 50's if hes lucky...and easily 6 1/2

Big ole body and neck on that thing, nice buck! I'm not much for aging when they get past 4.5 but I'd say he's probably 5.5+ and should go low 150's is what I'm thinking.

What a beast! I would love to see the size of his neck once he gets in full rut mode! Definitely mature and I would also guess right around the 150 mark.

What a beast! I would love to see the size of his neck once he gets in full rut mode! Definitely mature and I would also guess right around the 150 mark.

Can his neck honestly get any bigger for the rut!?

I would rather take an old buck than a high scoring young buck any day! Maybe a better question than score on him is how much do ya think he weighs!

5.5 at least. 150's. Absolute tank! I'd be trying to stick him as well. I guess they got to be somewhere doing something at 2 pm. Good luck!

I've noticed a lot of midday/early evening movement around the full moon. Actually saw 2 bucks out moving around in the past hour while driving.

Checked my cams yesterday and had deer in the plots around that 1:30-3:00 hour the prior two days. Hunted last night and had deer moving into the plots at 4:40...had just gotten up to my stand at 4:30 not expecting any movement until 5:30-6:00.

One never knows...but I would put emphasis on the full moon in your case.

I've noticed a lot of midday/early evening movement around the full moon. Actually saw 2 bucks out moving around in the past hour while driving. Checked my cams yesterday and had deer in the plots around that 1:30-3:00 hour the prior two days. Hunted last night and had deer moving into the plots at 4:40...had just gotten up to my stand at 4:30 not expecting any movement until 5:30-6:00. One never knows...but I would put emphasis on the full moon in your case.

MNbuckhunter,

Reading post on stand, I swear I must be losing it, anyway - I use MossyOak Weather App and check lunar tab. Moon Overhead and Underfoot times - almost identical to what/when you were seeing animals.The key is to catch those times in combination with traditional hunting times and if course,add strategy. Nice morning in Iowa today, best of luck!

TH

Top Bottom