Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Old Buck needs flying bobwhite mount/photos

Old Buck

Life Member
Iowa Whitetailers, I need help!

I’ve completed a painting that among other things will be used for fund raising for Pheasants Forever. Thanks to a number of very helpful game farm folks I was able to get hundreds of flying pheasant shots as reference.

The problem is that I also need another version of the same painting which will be used as a fundraiser for a new conservation group connected with Pheasants Forever called Quails Forever. In that version I intend to paint a covey of flushing quail and put them in the background in place of some of the ringnecks. My problem is that my flying quail reference leaves a lot to be desired and I don’t have much time to get new stuff so I’ll need to work from mounted, flying quail.

I need one of two things. One solution is if someone near Ankeny has one or more good flying quail mounts which I can borrow. The other possibility is to find someone with some good flying quail mounts who has time to shoot and email me some digitals. To make it interesting I need to have the painting done, color corrected and shipped out by early next week!

Nothing like a looming deadline to make Memorial Day weekend interesting!

If anyone is interested and able to help please PM me and we can discuss possibilities, shot angles etc.

Thanks! Have a great weekend,
Old Buck

not sure if you could get enough detail, but run a search on quail on ebay, you will get some good pics...maybe you could con the seller into taking some better pics and sending to you. another source would be if a taidermist has some quail mounts in his showroom

dont know if reference to another print would help or not but a print that my dad has from a long time ago might help, its called "high style" i think it was the 1987 mississippi du print, the painter was Linda Pricken or Pricker cant remember, but i think it is a nice painting of a covey of flushing quail and a english pointer

Top Bottom