Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Old Buck or Doe?

codywright

TENRINGER
Well I'm not sure what to think about this guy/or gal.. Either this is an ancient buck of all time or it is a hermaphrodite deer. Not sure but he/she/it has show up again this year on cam. Going to try and get one of the youth hunters on this deer to find out for sure. Either way I thought it was an interesting deer, and probably one of the biggest bodied deer i've seen. These are last years, he hadn't had much growth last time I checked but I will get 2013 pics up soon.

Last edited:
Do you have hard horn pictures from last year? In a lot of cases that I have seen, an antlered doe won't shed antlers or lose their velvet. It's body looks too big for a doe, but it doesn't look like a terribly old deer though either. Old, but not ancient. Just really bad genetics?? Put it on the ground and let us know.

Interesting to say the least, I'm with lyon though. Usually an antlered doe never sheds velvet or antlers. Keep us updated

BIG bodied deer. Definitely old. My buddy shot a buck like that 10 years ago in the rathbun area. Bad genes for sure, a good deer to take out of the herd.

Top Bottom