Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Old Man's Losin It

duckaholic

Saturday morning my old man wanted to go huntin. Well we went to some property he only hunted twice so far this year. The fist two times he hunted it he saw a total of 9 bucks and 5 does. One of these bucks he said was around 160 or so. Once I heard that, hell I was game. It was about 7:10, and all I saw so far is a little spike. Dad told me that I would be able to see him once it got light, so I tried. Looking through my specs and I see him, he's got his grunt call out and then I hear him. I'm trying to find what he's grunting at. There it is, that big old buck he was talking about. He turned the buck so it was walking right to a scrape that was 12 yards under his stand. I kept think man I'm going watch him drill that dude. I watch as the buck has head down walking right by him. I watched my dad come to full draw, then he pointed his bow up in the air. I thought what the h%l!. Guys this buck coulda been spit on. Gradually he walked right on by him without a shot. The buck walked within 60 yards of me and I him the binocs on him the hole time. The buck was a typical 10 pointer with about a 24 inch spread. He was probably 4 or five inches thick at his base. He was big enough to make me shake and he was at 60 yards walking away from me.
grin.gif
Dad says this bucks right around 160 but I say otherwise. But hey he's the one that saw him up close and personal. Come to find out some how Dad managed to break his 20 yd pin when we walked in. His 30 yd pin was green so he could see it with the little bit of light. Talk about bad luck. Obviously there is a reason that deer is still alive, don't know what it is but he's done somethin right!!!

Top Bottom