Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

On herd populations….FINALLY!

Rous14

PMA Member

Hopefully the link works. Had this sent to me by some friends. Ive been saying for 10 years that nobody is talking about reducing doe harvest, the pendulum needs to swing back, etc…well, FINALLY there’s an article, podcast, tv celebrity, talking head that is discussing the subject. Love it haha! Guess I can’t say it’s completely non existent now haha. Hopefully the message/movement grows.

I think most hunters in Iowa who have large blocks of timber have a lot of does. Others with less timber may have much fewer does.... General assumption and not applicable to everyone.

When #'s are up, I generally get more shot opportunities in a season, so in-turn, I usually harvest more deer. When #'s are down, the opposite occurs. It's all ebb and flow. It isn't that I wouldn't harvest the same # of deer in down years, it's that I CAN'T, because the shot opportunities just aren't there. Same goes for everyone.

The good thing about lean years is that it knocks many of the fair-weather hunters out of the game completely.

Top Bottom