Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

one down, one to go

6x6

PMA Member
I was finally able to arrow my 1st tom of the year, by sticking the fan out the window of the blind to get his attention. There were 2 toms together and it happened so fast, all I could do was pick one and shoot before they went thru the blind, they were charging so hard.

I had messed with these 2 before, but ended up shooting the skinny one with the shorter spurs, because of his thick beard. One more tag for me and 3 for the boys, then it's watching velvet bucks and bowfishing all summer.

In the pics I have gotten, mine, in the back, was quite a bit lighter weight.

I heard the arrow hit, but he ran like nothing was wrong, passing his buddy, but face planted and rolled at around 100 yards.

1 inch spurs, 9 1/2 " beard and 19.54 lbs

Last edited:
Well I can see that your "fan" does not meet my standard for authenticity, but congrats are in order anyway! :grin:

A fan through the blind...whoda thunk it?

That is freakin awesome Joe. That bird has a serious paint brush on him. Congrats on a great bird.

Kratz

Way to go Joe! I bet he swept a path through the woods with that big old brush he was totin! :way:

Top Bottom