Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

One down. Two to go in NE

Limb Chicken

Weasel bullheaded this one at 5 steps off of the jake decoy.

Will keep you updated.

Attachments

• image-3547821601.jpg
    image-3547821601.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 147
  • image-3203477949.jpg
    image-3203477949.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 164
Turkeys on the roost: oh chit, Limb and Weasel just rolled in.....

Turkeys on the ground a while later: didn't that guy know Limb and Weasel are here? Idiot, serves him right to eat one of them there new bullheads.

:D

Congrats fellas. :drink2:

DSC05092.jpg

Well after Scott whacked his it was Shannon Snackys turn. We looked up around Noon and Weasel said here comes 6 toms. I said funny, April Fools. He insisted he wasn't jacking around and I finally looked and one of the 6 had started to commit. He walked to the DSD strutter and started purring and clucking and raising his head and getting ready to start some butt kickin when Snacky attemped to take his head off with a bullhead. The video revealed that he was no more than a 16th of an inch from punching that bird in the face which would have sent the other 5 over on a run. Anyway, I had a shot at 15 yards and blew it. After that Saturday and Sunday were slow. Tough hunting but still a blast to head west to Nebraska. Looking forward to heading out there for whitetails this fall.

Yes, Scotts bird walked right by the tom and went to the jake and we had many birds not want to come in to the DSD strutter. There is generally a good mix of age groups there but this year there were a bunch of small two year old toms.

Congrats guys.:way:

Limb, you ever used a jake fan instead? I switched to a jake fan the last couple of years and have noticed I get more birds not shying away.

Top Bottom