Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

One Read the Script!

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

shooter42

Tuesday morning i finally shot my bird. It was the last day of 2nd season so everything was on the line I guess. I knew where a couple of toms wood usually roost. Me and my friend Jake got set up at around 5 am. After only hearing gobblers about 400 yards away we were pretty sure we would not see any that morning. Finally we heard one gobble not 75 yards away from us, right where I thought they should be. At about ten to 6, they flew down about 50 yards from our blind and ended up circling around us staying out at about 100 yards. We were watching a tom out in the middle of the field figuring the first one headed for the ten year field down the fence line. I peaked out the side window and this bird was coming in quick. He strutted right in to about 7 yards. I was waiting to shoot hoping the other long beard would make his way in to so Jake could get a shot at him with his bow but after about 5 minutes of staring at the Pretty Boy decoy this tom got a little nervous so i blasted him!! :grin:
He ended up have a 9 inch beard. He was not the biggest bird out there but it was a really fun hunt regardless.

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom