Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

One's Years Growth

MO-APE

He's still just a tall 8 with nubs for brows, but he put on some great growth in a year. I'll be taking him if I have the chance...do you guys think he is 4.5 years old?

Here he is last year:

And a year later:

I can tell if he is 3.5 or 4.5 years old. Pictures of the same deer in the same spot in almost 1 year apart - I think you have him patterned very well.

At a MINUMUM I think that will be a 4.5 year old deer come November 2015. You cover up his antlers from 2014 and he actually shows some characteristics of a 4 year old last year. (Neck merges almost seamlessly with brisket, hump over shoulder, swayed back, belly sag, etc, etc etc)

Gun to my head I say he was 3 in 2014 and 4 this year, but if you shot him and he was aged at 5 this year it would not shock me. Not all 5 year olds are going to go booner.

IMHO....I don't see that much more growth from last year to this year.
Last years pic is taken further away and with him standing almost broadside. While this years picture is taken closer to the camera and he is quartering to the camera (which makes his head gear look bigger than the rest of his body).
again, just my opinion.
Do you have and pics of him broadside this year? Those would give you a better idea on age than the one you provided.

At a MINUMUM I think that will be a 4.5 year old deer come November 2015. You cover up his antlers from 2014 and he actually shows some characteristics of a 4 year old last year. (Neck merges almost seamlessly with brisket, hump over shoulder, swayed back, belly sag, etc, etc etc)

These are my thoughts as well

Those pics point towards the younger side. Just goes to show it is best to have multiple pics to most accurately get to age determinations (educated guesses)

Top Bottom