Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Open for Interpretation

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
So this is a thought that continues to cross my mind. Just curious what others opinions are.

The topic of "meat" hunting is always a topic that seems to come up on many outdoor websites. Even the article posted a month of so ago about how the commercialization of hunting has ruined it and the drive to kill big bucks takes away so much from the sport, makes me think. What causes people to claim to be meat hunters, and why do people feel that they need to make excuses for shooting a "small" deer. Whatever that may be.

Just look in the Harvest forum, there is so many post talking about ground shrinkage, lack of time... etc.

I will definitely shoot whatever makes me happy given circumstances, 60" or 200". But I would admit, that antlers are what keep me in the woods.

So getting to my point! I don't necessarily believe that there are such a thing as a "meat" hunter. Even in years past when it didn't matter, people were proud of their Big buck. I think that it is simply a case of inability or lack of opportunity.

What I am saying is the "meat" hunter that puts down people like Drury, Kisky's, Lakowski's, The neighbor with a basement full of horn. I think it is a case of if you could you would. We are all one in the same, just some have a better spot, more time, whatever.

I just don't think that there is a need to put down the people who are there for the antlers, as they have put in there time. And I think that we are all the same, and the "Meat Hunters" would be horn hunters if they had the belief that they could or the opportunity. I just don't believe anyone who says a 200'' doesn't appeal to them.

“The wicked envy and hate; it is their way of admiring.”

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom