Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opening Day success

Nice one! Solid mass. Would have been hard to pass on . . . . even on opening day. Congrats.

Congrats on a toad! It'd kinda suck to be tagged out on 10/1 , but for a guy like that, it'd be worth it!

NWBuck
Yes, this is going to be a different year for sure. I tagged out a few years ago on October 14th, but the first day will make for a long season. Not complaining and feel very blessed. I plan to take a week and hunt with a buddy in Ohio, but nothing compares to Iowa!

Did you shoot him out of that Hay bale blind behind you in picture?
Yes, he was in the alfalfa field in the background - shot him about 30 yards.

I set this farm up based on a lot of information provided by Dbltree - his information is very valuable to hunters.

Reactions: arm
Thanks to everyone for their words of congratulations. I have been a reader of this site for years, but finally started posting. This is a great site with tons of valuable information.

Yes, he was in the alfalfa field in the background - shot him about 30 yards.

I set this farm up based on a lot of information provided by Dbltree - his information is very valuable to hunters.

That is awesome I made a haybale blind 3 years ago and man do they get close sometimes walking bye it I've found it works better closer to edges then out in the open either way they work did you build yours yourself or buy one? Nice deer!

Top Bottom