Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

opening day turkey with bow

U

ultra 2

Looks like we had a few birds taken on opening day. This is a pic of the one I took today with a bow. It took me over a hour to sweet talk this boy in but it all paid off in the end. He didn't respond well to calling but when I finally got him within 50 yards I started moving the leaves around in my blind and that is all it took. He went into full strut and closed the distance to 15 yards straight on, I let it fly and he rolled over backwards and that was all it took. This time I was right on with the yards onecam.
peace.gif

Attachments

• 24790-turkey 2003 001.jpg
    24790-turkey 2003 001.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6
Congratulations Todd! Another nice one with a bow. Good to see you go some pictures - I didn't have time this morning as I was running late for work as usual.

Way to go Ultra 2! You guys took the gobble out of the bird early. That's a great picture, your kid? I bet he would love to tag along in the blind and help you make some noise in the leaves.
waytogo.gif

Ghost Walker... Make sure you bring plenty of extra bowls for the snacks... things could get rough again
grin.gif
grin.gif

Great looking bird Ultra!!!
waytogo.gif
Now I just gotta wait 4 weeks til I get my shot. Gonna be Hot and awful green in the woods
doah.gif
but what's a guy to do???
wall.gif

I'm thinking of taking my son out and taking some video, and I might just try out one of those clinometers to. Hopefully I will get a chance at another one this weekend. Look for some pics later today, I just got back some good ones of turkeys of my trail cam. Thanks alot guys I'm sure you will get your chance soon.

Did someone ask if that was his kid? Look again, is there any question? No mailman jokes here. Awesome job Todd! Looks like I'm the only one left of the group. Friday morning will be my first time out but my wife will get first shot. I'll keep you updated.

Great job Todd. Glad to see the birds are finally coming on strong around Newton. I'm in the same boat as Bowman, but he gets to go down south. This will be my first try with bow and up around Newton. Hope to be posting soon with a success story.

mole

Top Bottom