Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opening Morn - PIC ADDED

HoytHunter72

Here is the tom I shot on opening morning of 1st season. He came in strutting at 6:45am and I pulled the trigger at 6:48am one of the fastest turkey seasons I have ever had. He was 23 lbs and had a 9 inch beard with 3/4 inch spurs. Not the biggest bird in the woods but the best turkey hunt I have ever been on. We got to are spot a little before 6:15am and there was only one bird gobbling and he was on the other side of the ravine about a 1/4 mile away we listen to him gobble about every 2 minutes about 6:30am my dad turns to me and asks if I want to put the move on him but still being tired from the long walk in and just wanted to relax. Well about 10 minutes later from about 50 yards behind us the bird gobbles and I have to make a quick move to my dad's tree and another gobble as I’m getting set up. Not 15 seconds after I sit down and get my gun up he pops over the hill strutting he takes a couple of steps into my only shooting lane and I pull the trigger at 35 yards. I have a few pics not sure how to post them I can email them to someone who knows how if anyone would like to see the bird.

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone knows how to post pics could you please send me a message and i will email you the pics to post for me.
Thanks

Top Bottom