Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Operation TradAmerica… Supporting America’s Heroes

ElkHunter

Life Member
What a Awesome Idea.
Make sure to go to the website.
www.tradamerica.org

PRESS RELEASE: Operation TradAmerica… Supporting America’s Heroes With Traditional Bows and Arrows
Need = Our troops need our YOUR old traditional Bows and Arrows!
It all began with a simple request from a Soldier in harm's way asking for some help with getting a few bows and arrows for recreational use while serving America. And almost immediately traditional bowhunters began offering up their own “sweetsticks” and arrows in answer to the call. The needs of that particular soldier’s unit were met quickly and completely… but that still left over 155,000 heroes (in the Arabian theatre, alone) to go.

That’s where Operation TradAmerica found its genesis.
Chip Green called one of the contact individuals to offer two of my own bows. Then he said, "Wait a minute, let's make a few calls. With a need this big… maybe the possibilities are, as well!”

Green, who owns a marketing firm dedicated to the outdoor industry, did just that. And the response from his friends and enthusiastic businesses and corporations from around the country has been nothing short of phenomenal.

“With absolutely nothing to offer them in return but a heartfelt thanks, companies like Easton, Black Swan Archery, The IBO, Durand Group, Martin Archery, Samick and Ragime Archery, Pope and Young Club, BowHunter magazine, Peterson’s Bowhunting, Delta Targets, Double Bull Archery, TradGang.com and Bowsite.com came onboard… many for the duration of the project!”

The scope of Operation TradAmerica is simple . . . Supplying our troops, with traditional archery gear. Due to the overwhelming response from the troops so far, bases and fields of operation worldwide are seeking our traditional archery equipment. Plans are already in place to begin shipments to Bosnia and Kosovo in the spring. From there, Korea… Guam… and, as long as there are those willing to partner in the giving… anywhere there’s a contingency of heroes that might enjoy the feel of a bow and the sweet song of an arrow in flight.

In a recent email from MedEvac pilot CW3 Scott Nicholson (stationed in Iraq for most of the last 2 years…) answers were given to the following questions:

Why was it important to bring donate your equipment? “Having archery equipmentmy here has been an immeasurable benefit. I can use it to go to my own happy place so to speak. We all get pretty stressed out at times after a particularly bad mission and it is the way I get away from it all. Being able to shoot is a great relief.”

Are there really that many people interested in Traditional Archery? “It’s incredible the diversity of people that will walk up when they see me shooting and just stand around to watch. Doesn't take much to get the bow into their hands and start guiding them along. I work hard to teach them the basics on form right off so they don't hit their arm and loose interest fast. Nothing like pain to kill some interest fast huh! I don’t have an arm guard though so proper form helps.”

“People have taken to traditional archery so fast it’s incredible. When I want to gather new shooters, all I have to do is go stand in the MWR with my bow and arrows and people will come. Like the Pied Piper I guess. The new shooters are thrilled to try to master the basics. It is really fun to watch them as the start to "Get it" and they more often than not, express it in volumes! When the arrows start hitting home, the faces say it all. Most are totally new to archery by the way. Obviously there are those who hunted back home, but by and large, it’s mostly new guys and gals.”

Operation TradAmerica. It started with a simple request… from people who deserve the best we can give. For more information on the program and how you can help donate your extra traditional archery equipment, visit www.tradamerica.org

(The site also has lots of pictures of the men and women shooting traditional archery for the first time!), or call Chip Green, at (870)633-5965.

Chip Green or TradAmerica.org
Box 562
Haynes, AR 72341
Phone: (870) 633-5965

Top Bottom