Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opinions on the TC Omega?

nacho2770

I finally drew my Muzzy tag up here in ND so I am looking at getting my first muzzleloader.

I am not looking to buy top of the line here, because it will only get used every 5 years or so when I actually draw the tag.

I have been looking at the TC Omega and I was wondering if anyone on here has one or has heard anything about them good or bad?

Not looking at the top of the line? TC Omega is where it is at.

I have one, and I love it. Consistly shoots a great group up to 250 yards. Very easy to clean as well. Top it off with a Leupold scope and mounts, you'll forget about that rifle.

I sure do like my Omega. Used it last year for the first time, and 3 of us shot several deer with it, from 20 out to 150 yards. The trigger was a little sticky right before it would go off, so I had a gunsmith work on it. He didn't reduce the pull a lot, but smoothed it out, so it pulls through very nicely. I'll be letting some youth use it this fall. Get one - you'll really like it.

I would recommend the Omega to anyone. I have the stainless steel synthetic stock with a Nikon Omega on top and it is shooting 6 inch groups at 200 yards. Well worth the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWilk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would recommend the Omega to anyone. I have the stainless steel synthetic stock with a Nikon Omega on top and it is shooting 6 inch groups at 200 yards. Well worth the money.</div></div>

I would definitely go with stainless. You'll thank me. It's a great gun and very accurate. Very light and handles great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">O yeah, mine is stainless and laminated stock as well. </div></div>
Me too...great gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">O yeah, mine is stainless and laminated stock as well.</div></div>

Another vote from me. Great shooting gun, easy to clean, light as a feather compared to the .50 Hawkin I built. Pick one up, you'll love it!!

Thanks for the replies guys.......

I would love to put a scope on it, but they are illegal up here for Muzzleloader season.

I plan on picking up the stainless with the synthetic stock.

Should do a good job of letting the air out of a buck for me this fall. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I was shooting 6 inch groups with open sights at a 100 yards out of the box.

Its a great gun and pretty user friendly.

Sorry to be getting in late, but I have had my Omega for 3 seasons, and have not picked up the shotgun since I got it. I have never but a scope on mine and have taken deer out to 140 yards. I have the stainless with the thumb hole stock, sweet. I use a shockwave sabot and 100 grains triple 7 pellets, but you will want to play with your powder and sabot to see what your gun likes best. Good luck.

Top Bottom