Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opinions

jjohnson

I just recently seen this deer on a scouting mission and now I have gotten a few pics of him since then. I'm trying to figure out who he is and how old he is. Last year we got several pictures of a similar buck that we thought was a 2yr old right in this area. But I looked back to 2007 and we have pics of another deer that looks freakishly similar to this one. If it's him he's gotta be at least 6.5 yrs old but if it's the one from last year I'm hoping he's just a 3.5 yr old. What do you think?

2010 PICS

Marty007.jpg

Marty081-1.jpg

2007 PICS Notice he's got the same split G-2, short G-3, and his left side is a normal 4 pt side. Just like the deer above this year.

JohnsFenceline020.jpg

belowbuildingscrapes008.jpg

belowbuildingscrapes007.jpg

2009 PICS We figured this buck was a neat little 2yr old last year. I haven't gotten pics of anything close to him this year and he was a regular. The top buck's frame does resemble this deer but he would've done some changing if it's him.

IM000048.jpg

IM000045.jpg

These pics are all in the same area. I got video of the top buck a few weeks ago out in a hay field with a couple other 2-3 yr ole bucks and his body really blew them away. He also looked to have good mass. Really would like to know if he's a 6.5 yr old shooter or a 3.5 yr old that shows great potential. :confused:

I would say the top and second are the same buck. Both have the crab claw on right side and a muley fork. Yes imo

Yeah could be. I just didn't think they'd be that similar. Who know's hopefully I'll get some hardhorn pics so I can age him better. Otherwise the decision to shoot will be made from the stand.:way:

If I were to guess, I'd say your example of the 2010 buck and the 2007 buck are the same deer. I would guess that the last example of the 2009 buck is a different buck

Top Bottom